Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11]

Author Topic: Water infection  (Read 15501 times)

Dierdre

Re: Water infection
« Reply #150 on: July 21, 2023, 02:58:08 PM »

Spoke too soon about not having any irritation, got pelvic cramps now! Side effects  >:(

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #151 on: July 21, 2023, 03:15:27 PM »

Awful!

Dierdre

« Reply #152 on: July 21, 2023, 03:53:55 PM »

Couldn't stand the cramps anymore and burning so had to use some YES lube and fish the pessary all out. It was still mainly undisolved and in chalky clumps! Sorry TMI.

Cramps stopped as soon has it was all out and just used another YES WB to soothe as I'm so sore now.
Feeling a bit shaky now and was starting to feel nauseous, never using that again!

Flossieteacake

« Reply #153 on: July 21, 2023, 04:44:43 PM »

Couldn't stand the cramps anymore and burning so had to use some YES lube and fish the pessary all out. It was still mainly undisolved and in chalky clumps! Sorry TMI.

Cramps stopped as soon has it was all out and just used another YES WB to soothe as I'm so sore now.
Feeling a bit shaky now and was starting to feel nauseous, never using that again!

How awful you had such a bad reaction. I really am sorry to hear that.  :(

Dierdre

« Reply #154 on: July 21, 2023, 10:33:54 PM »

I'm OK now, I rang the doctor and he's sent another prescription to Boots for an oral Caneston tablet so hopefully this will finally work.

Flossieteacake

« Reply #155 on: July 22, 2023, 07:16:19 AM »

I'm OK now, I rang the doctor and he's sent another prescription to Boots for an oral Caneston tablet so hopefully this will finally work.

I really hope this does the trick for you.

Minusminnie

« Reply #156 on: July 22, 2023, 08:19:14 AM »

Found this NHS link on dosing regimes for one off or for persistent thrush you may already know it though.

https://www.nhs.uk/medicines/fluconazole/how-and-when-to-take-fluconazole/

Hope it works for you as IMHO it is too much being asked to use a pessary when already using VA treatment vaginally.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #157 on: July 22, 2023, 08:38:31 AM »

Medics really need to get to the causation of this ! 

Wrensong

« Reply #158 on: July 22, 2023, 08:58:31 AM »

I hope this one knocks it on the head Dierdre.  I had to have 4 of the oral Fluconazole capsules each a week or so apart, after several courses of antibiotics post-hysterectomy when it wasn't possible to use any treatment vaginally (inc topical HRT) for 8 weeks, meaning the more effective (for me) Canestan soft gel pessaries were not an option.  The next swab was clear, so they did work with perseverance.

Dierdre

« Reply #159 on: July 22, 2023, 10:22:33 AM »

Thanks everyone, feeling much better today after using the YES, it must have been the caneston pessary causing the burning so now that's gone I can start using local estrogen again. Surprised I'm not having a VA flare up after all this! Four days without Vagifem and just using Ovestin externally is something I've never been able to do without VA burning, dryness and soreness returning. I've used so much this last couple of months reloading with 2 a day sometimes who knows, maybe I don't need so much now. Not holding my breath though.

Wrensong

« Reply #160 on: July 22, 2023, 02:57:14 PM »

Yes, unfortunately Canesten & other vaginal meds can give rise to burning sensations when the skin is inflamed.  I hope your VA soon improves for being back on Vagifem.  I had an enforced break from it of many months some years ago which really set back my GSM & I don't ever want to be in that position again.
Wx
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11]