Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11

Author Topic: Water infection  (Read 15505 times)

Flossieteacake

Re: Water infection
« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2023, 02:26:46 PM »

When I have had UTIs I use Ovestin along with it as UTI's as they cause se my VA to flare. I think it is an individual choice. Sounds like you need to get a sample tested so you can be prescribed the right antibiotics. I hope they do it as soon as possible for you.

holidaylover

« Reply #16 on: April 17, 2023, 02:30:11 PM »

Thanks Flossie, I'll start on the Ovestin again and hand a sample in tomorrow.  Paracetamol not really helping today either.  I flipping hate taking tablets!!!

Flossieteacake

« Reply #17 on: April 17, 2023, 02:38:46 PM »

Thanks Flossie, I'll start on the Ovestin again and hand a sample in tomorrow.  Paracetamol not really helping today either.  I flipping hate taking tablets!!!

I really am sorry to hear you are so poorly. I hope the Ovestin helps a little while you get the right antibiotics.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #18 on: April 17, 2023, 03:50:53 PM »

MayB ring a pharmacist to find out how to take pain relief and which is appropriate?  I could take a bottle of Paracetamol, it would kill me but doesn't relieve pain. 

holidaylover

« Reply #19 on: April 17, 2023, 04:30:39 PM »

Well I popped into the surgery to pick up a sample bottle and asked when it needed handed in in the morning.  The receptionist's attitude is, I assume, why people are choosing to go direct to A and E.  "I'm sorry but we cannot accept samples unless we are instructed by a doctor".  I explained that the doctor had asked me last week to hand one in if I was no better and I also explained that my symptoms were getting worse, which I found highly embarrassing as there was a queue of people behind me waiting and I got a bit flustered. I actually felt like bursting into tears.   We shouldn't have to discuss things like this in front of others.  I thought they would test a sample there and then when I handed it in in the morning, but it has to been in before 11.30 and that is the time samples get sent off to our local hospital 20 miles away.  It'll be another week before I get results then.  Said receptionist more of less shrugged her shoulders and didn't offer any advice at all, so I will have to phone down first thing in the morning (hopefully getting another receptionist) and ask for an emergency appointment.  The appointment last week was an emergency one too made by the pharmacist.  I am beyond fuming!!!!  Rant over!

CLKD

« Reply #20 on: April 17, 2023, 04:57:13 PM »

Why receptionists think that they have the right to discuss personal information .......... why couldn't she check your notes etc.?  Or ask you to sit whilst she asked the correct questions. 

Testing samples in the GP Surgery don't tell us much, it has to be 'grown' in a lab to get the correct AB treatment. 

Pity you weren't ready for her so that you could have asked to speak to a Nurse Practitioner!  How far is the surgery from where you live, I would be tempted to be on the doorstep in the morning!

holidaylover

« Reply #21 on: April 17, 2023, 05:34:24 PM »

CLKD, My finger will be poised on the phone in the morning and I really will have to demand an appointment.  It's truly shocking when we know our own bodies, that who or when we see someone is down to the discretion of a receptionist.  They cannot surely just ignore and not see someone who has been and still is showing signs of a UTI after more than a week of antibiotics.  I actually find it shocking and I am getting very cross. I feel bloody awful so I'm going to lay it on thick tomorrow.   Receptionists with absolutely no empathy should not be working in a doctors surgery.  I get treated better by the staff in my local Sainsburys. 

CLKD

« Reply #22 on: April 17, 2023, 06:39:54 PM »

Waitrose staff too!

Apparently the receptionists at our Surgery have undergone other training  :-\.  Let us know how you get on, will U need to set an alarm clock?

holidaylover

« Reply #23 on: April 17, 2023, 08:20:57 PM »

Other training CLKD?  What for?  Manners, First Aid, Diplomacy, Pyschic powers?  Crash course on 'Become a doctor in a week'?  ;)

CLKD

« Reply #24 on: April 18, 2023, 08:32:35 AM »

Pretty much.  Apparently  ::)

R U through yet?

Dierdre

« Reply #25 on: April 18, 2023, 10:27:47 AM »

Other training CLKD?  What for?  Manners, First Aid, Diplomacy, Pyschic powers?  Crash course on 'Become a doctor in a week'?  ;)
We have to discuss all our symptoms over the phone with the Receptionists, they are the ones who then decide who we see, doctor, nurse, nobody. This has been the case since Covid and it's not working. They are acting triage nurses but without the training and from what I can gather from the reviews of all 3 surgeries in my area, this is now the norm and also not working at the other surgeries too. I was given a telephone consultation last week but after talking to the doctor he wanted me to come in to see me, so really I took two appointments. The doctors are good at our surgery if and when you actually get in to see one. I'm not sure how this has happened, we still have the same amount of doctors and sfaff there and the population hasn't grown in my area so why??? Before this system was intrduced I just went online choose the time and doctor I wanted to see on the same day.
I was surprised I had to put a mask on too, didn't mind but didn't realise this was still an issue.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2023, 10:29:18 AM by Dierdre »

holidaylover

« Reply #26 on: April 18, 2023, 10:45:38 AM »

I got through to the surgery this morning and have already handed my water sample in.  My appointment later today is with the practice nurse!!   So we'll see where that leads.  Still sore today with the constant urge to pee, so I'm not prepared to come home empty handed.  Dierdre, its still facemasks here too, although I don't wear one as they cause me anxiety and make me feel panicky, so I say I'm exempt (which is true).  I have been a few times with family members to our local hospital and never was once asked to put a mask on.  Nobody bothered, and at an other surgery where I live they have signs up saying you don't have to wear one if exempt.  At my surgery however, they demand you put one on as soon as you go through the door.  My friend went last week and she said she had anxiety but the doctor insisted she wore one.  Absolutely ridiculous.  I could even see the point if the waiting room was ever busy but sometimes I can be the only one in.  Wish me luck!!!

CLKD

« Reply #27 on: April 18, 2023, 11:12:36 AM »

Patients have to wear masks, receptionists not  :(.  If I put mine on the GP puts one on.

There is a triage system but as I know who I need to see and why, I ask directly.  Putting my stern face on ;-)

Dierdre

« Reply #28 on: April 18, 2023, 12:13:26 PM »

My doctor told me to make another appointment in 4 weeks on a Monday so I can see him. I said that might be a problem getting through for that day and he told me to ring 2 weeks before and tell them he said to make it. Will be interesting if that works
CLKD, they can't see my stern face through the phone  ;D
Good luck holidaylover, you might do better with the nurse!

CLKD

« Reply #29 on: April 18, 2023, 01:50:22 PM »

Don't you have a stern voice to go with the stern face  :D

We can book well ahead via e-mail services, however - their system won't accept e-mails from mine.   ???
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11