Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Stopped the HRT circus  (Read 21210 times)

Kathleen

Re: Stopped the HRT circus
« Reply #15 on: May 01, 2023, 11:59:50 AM »

Hello ladies.

Nas - I completely sympathise! I have often experimented with my HRT and the subsequent changes are very frustrating.

Perhaps some of us are more sensitive to hormonal fluctuations or perhaps we just become hyper alert over time?

I hope that your grumpiness fades away soon and you can get some relief from this Meno rollercoaster.

Wishing you well and sending hugs.

K.

SarahT

« Reply #16 on: May 01, 2023, 12:10:01 PM »

Early days Nas,
I think my natural mood seems to be grumpy whether it is hormones or not! 🙄 ...

Only day one and remember when you upped your dose you got extra symptoms, so I guess going off them will do the same.. Hope it does settle.
Sending good thoughts your way.

Xx

Nas

« Reply #17 on: May 01, 2023, 02:58:55 PM »

Thanks ladies.
I really hope it will be okay, but time will tell. I’ve got my box of oestrogen products at the ready, just in case!

Do I leave the coil in situ? ( if it’s even there!) I’ve got this worry that it’s gone awol! Don’t know why. Sarah, can you feel the strings on yours? I can’t with mine. Last checked, 8 months ago xxxx

Losingtheplot

« Reply #18 on: May 01, 2023, 04:18:00 PM »

Thanks ladies.
I really hope it will be okay, but time will tell. I’ve got my box of oestrogen products at the ready, just in case!

Do I leave the coil in situ? ( if it’s even there!) I’ve got this worry that it’s gone awol! Don’t know why. Sarah, can you feel the strings on yours? I can’t with mine. Last checked, 8 months ago xxxx

I really hope your mood lifts hunni bloody hormones!!! Try and take one day at a time its awful when that awful mist descends been there many times. A suggestion is maybe to listen to a talk down mediation just something that helps me sometimes big hugs xxx

Nas

« Reply #19 on: May 01, 2023, 04:42:13 PM »

Thanks ladies.

I really hope your mood lifts hunni bloody hormones!!! Try and take one day at a time its awful when that awful mist descends been there many times. A suggestion is maybe to listen to a talk down mediation just something that helps me sometimes big hugs xxx

Thanks.. hormones have ALOT to answer for! I think a day at a time is probably the best way of looking at things. Anything more and it seems too overwhelming. Xxxx

SarahT

« Reply #20 on: May 01, 2023, 06:45:14 PM »

Hiya Nas

I have NEVER felt the strings on my coil, I have tried and failed, and am too worried now to check. Bad of me I know, but I  had a nurse do a 3 month check and she said they were fine, all was in place. I mean, I assume we would know It It moved out of place, wouldn't we get pains? And even I would notice if it actually came out...

do you feel a bit insecure maybe? Having been on hrt for a while, and now you have stopped  it, I think if it was me, I would feel a bit like I had lost my security blanket in some ways.

I think losingtheplot is right, one day at a time. But we can all say that on our good days, on our bad, scary ones we just want to get that day over with.

Come on my D-ream partner,  still on our rollercoasters.... But keep singing that song Nas.

Sending hugs and strength. Xx

Nas

« Reply #21 on: May 01, 2023, 08:24:47 PM »

Thanks fellow D-Ream buddie!
Insecure I am. I have a multitude of aches and pains, but Dr Google must be avoided!

Stuff avoiding refined sugar. Someone pass me a biscuit!

Here we go again.. ding ding another day ….

Thanks Sarah 🌷🌷🌻🌻

Beaker

« Reply #22 on: May 17, 2023, 03:50:06 PM »

Has anyone tried Promensil?

I was thinking of coming off HRT before when I had problems getting supplies and wondered about using it. I tried Femarelle Recharge previously - it was very good - but way too expensive! I couldn't afford it now.

Nas

« Reply #23 on: May 17, 2023, 04:43:24 PM »

Haven’t tried promensil, but am
trying menopace plus. Too early to say how effective or non effective it is.

discogirl

« Reply #24 on: May 18, 2023, 06:23:11 AM »

Hiya Nas,

Hope you're okay. I'm thinking of you, let me know how you get on with the menopace plus xx

vintagefiend

« Reply #25 on: May 19, 2023, 11:18:33 AM »

Can I join? :)

How are you doing since you wrote this post, Kingfisher?

HRT circus is such a good way to describe it
I could have written your post: been on every type of hrt for years
actually feel horrendous on it, so stopped today
it's frustrating because my latest foray into hrt (estrogel 2 pumps) gave me the first good day I'd had in years- I thought this is it- finally.
But no, it was just the one day and now feeling horribly depressed after 6 or so days

as a last hrt resort, I'm considering tibolone- which I have tried previously but some years ago
I'm also considering testosterone alone- if I'm allowed

but it's all so exhausting so I'm doing nothing right now (at least in terms of conventional hrt)

In answer to your question, I never have a problem coming off hrt these days- it's only ever a respite! which is probably telling me something.
I hope you haven't found it too hard
I do find a week or two after stopping I start to feel fatigued and a bit low, but maybe that's just my baseline anyway- it's still better than the depressed mood on hrt

I worry about bones but am trying to exercise when I can

I take collagen supplements- for bones/skin but early days on them

I have some lion's mane supplement- haven't actually used it yet- never tried the more hippy stuff before but don't want to rule it out
I'm a bit nervous of it so it's just sitting there- think it's supposed to help mental clarity which is something I lack!

hoping everyone on this thread is having a good day- I'm just looking forward to sodding hrt being out of my system!

robotwars

« Reply #26 on: August 25, 2023, 09:33:55 PM »

Following this thread with interest as I’ve just stopped HRT after years of trying!!!!! Still using vagifem and ovestin cream but stopped the patches!!! Tried so many different ones over the years, always feeling rubbish, also had period pain cramps with patches so decided to see how I get on without!!!!! Good luck everyone 🤞🤞

Kathleen

« Reply #27 on: August 26, 2023, 08:38:12 AM »

Hello again ladies.

robotwars - 
  When I took a break from HRT a few years ago some symptoms returned which I could deal with but the only new one was  vaginal atrophy. Although I had experienced some dryness  I noticed that without HRT I was getting itching and soreness etc and I used otc remedies to treat it, I have never been on any prescribed topical treatment for VA.
As you already have this aspect of the Menopause covered you may find that the loss if systemic HRT isn't much if a problem.

I completely understand wanting to give up on HRT, it has never helped me with the emotional symptoms, infact it may have made my mood swings more intense and of course there was the bleeding and breast tenderness to deal with as well.

I hope it goes well for you and please keep us updated.

Wishing you well and good luck.

K.

DottyD68

« Reply #28 on: August 26, 2023, 09:53:38 AM »

I've decided to come off HRT after 2 years. Although it initially helped with some symptoms I have never got the balance right and having been peri menopausal when I started I haven't a clue if my monthly bleeds are my own or a problem with the HRT. I just need to see where I am. With what feels like wildly fluctuating hormones it doesn't seem right adding more oestrogen to my own seemingly higher levels, causing the balance with progesterone to be low.

I'm fully expecting to want to go back on it after a few months but need to remind myself that I feel pretty rubbish most of the time when I'm on it. If it's not palpitations, jitters, anxiety, sore/swollen boobs, and allergies it's low mood, lack of motivation, insomnia, night sweats and internal buzzing. To name just a few! I'm sure there is a sweet spot there somewhere but I haven't found it. I'll probably wait til I get back from holiday before I take the plunge.

Sossie

« Reply #29 on: August 29, 2023, 02:00:39 PM »

Hi all,

I was on HRT for four years (started aged 48 in peri) but felt so out of whack that I decided to take a break earlier this year.  I’ve always suffered with PMDD so I know its the progesterone and I’m pretty sure that increasing to a large dose (as some have mentioned in other threads) would be the end of me.  I tried the Mirena coil a few years ago but after gaining weight and losing my mind almost immediately, I was back at the clinic, pleading to have it removed within a few weeks. UGH, it was awful!

Anyway, I took the plunge in June and came off all HRT completely.  The first few weeks were amazing: I was active, confident and stable.  The BBQ hot flushes and brain fog started about four weeks later and insomnia soon followed; long nights with my head fizzing as I woke up on hour, every hour, like a cuckoo clock.  My energy decreased, I started to feel anxious and I couldn’t keep up with my usual routine. Running or a walk was quickly replaced with laziness and Netflix.

To reduce some of the symptoms, I started HRT again two weeks ago and haven’t had a hot flush since.  BUT, as the timing matched my previous cycle, I think it flipped my own progesterone switch and the last few days have been awful.  Yesterday I had a total crash, something I haven’t experienced since my last bleed in June, and its left me feeling desperate and suicidal.  I’ve been in bed for two days, unable to do anything and it feels like the whole world has ended.  I know this will pass because it always does, but I don’t want it to happen again so have stopped HRT and will leave this circus for good.

Going forward, I’ll take Vit D, B, Omega Oil and Magnesium and really make an effort with a healthy diet.  I don’t care about today (just had some toast with peanut butter and jam - don’t judge me) but tomorrow should be better.  Would love to hear other people’s experience about coming off HRT.

Ooh, since I’m here, for the past few years I’ve had trouble constructing sentences when I write.  It’s almost as if my brain can’t flow in the same way and my sentences are clunky and dumb.  Has anyone else had the same experience?  I did wonder if it was early onset dementia as the connection between thought and written expression feels broken.  Something else to worry about …. Gnahhhhh.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4