Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Health anxiety  (Read 1869 times)

trandall

Health anxiety
« on: April 02, 2023, 03:51:47 PM »

Hi ladies anyone else find that their anxiety about health has increased dramatically since peri menopause and menopause started. I think everything that happens pains twinges are always serious and have been unfortunate enough to have to go for some checks which proved to be nothing however I find myself in a place where I’m having to go again for another issue and the worry is huge. I can’t seem to manage my anxiety about anything health related which never happened to me prior to menopause 🥹

jaypo

Re: Health anxiety
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2023, 04:33:48 PM »

Very VERY common,you should look at the thread "what I've diagnosed myself with"
Health anxiety is the pits, I was like this too,still am from time to time  :(
« Last Edit: April 02, 2023, 07:38:10 PM by jaypo »

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2023, 07:06:26 PM »

It's usual.  I think that many women are bringing up kids and mayB looking after elderly relatives and neighbours.  It's all too much sometimes ...... so the brain goes into overdrive.  We no longer have older people to reassure us, we are now those that R expected to do the reassurance  ::)

marge

« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2023, 01:41:16 PM »

My HA started with the menopause and has never really gone away. Sorry you’re feeling this way, but l have no answers really. When a new symptom arises, l give it a week before seeing a GP, but 99% of the time it’s gone by then and something else has cropped up!

DottyD68

« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2023, 03:01:21 PM »

Most definitely. You are not alone.
In the days before Covid when you could actually get a f2f appointment with a GP I was at the surgery every other month with a list.
Since the covid pandemic when getting to speak to a GP, let alone see one, became almost impossible I adopted the "Let's give it a week or two" approach and invariably the symptom went away or didn't get any worse. Filling e-consult forms fill me with dread and I just get even more anxious filling them in.
I now have regular panics about one thing or another and find that on these occasions it at least deprioritises all the other things on my list  ;D at least for a short while.
When I have a phase of HA fatigue and discover yet another new (or repeat!) symptom I just think "oh well" something is going to get me in the end. Its a crazy cycle of madness.

Elliebee

« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2023, 03:17:03 PM »

Yes ! I can totally relate and it is horrible! I have had CBT sessions which have helped a little. I’m already stressing about my routine mammogram in 12 months time !!

Curlygirl

« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2023, 04:04:39 PM »

I am exactly the same. I feel like I’ve spent more time in the doctors surgery in the last 12 months than I have at home  :-\

I never used to be like this. Started at the onset of Peri and i panic about everything little thing, it’s exhausting but reassuring to know there are others out there who are the same

Hopefully it will ease in time for us all 🤞

Elliebee

« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2023, 04:22:20 PM »

I hope it eases …

Cara999

« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2023, 08:21:46 PM »

Most definitely, I was never ever at the drs or worried about my health, I'm sat here now with a few spots/rash on my chest and thinking the absolute worst!!!

Absolute nightmare I hate it xxx

KaraShannon

« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2023, 07:20:55 PM »

My health anxiety came with a past trauma, but back then I didn't have my body going through strange things, so I knew it was mostly mental stuff.  Now my body is struggling with a lot of things, and it's all changing all the time, so I worry about it all  :o  (especially as my 'change' seemed so sudden)

jaypo

« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2023, 07:38:02 PM »

It's a good idea to tell your Dr you suffer from HA, I did and so when I turned up worrying about a multitude of things,he was very understanding and explained things clearly to me  :)