Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 75 out now. (Spring issue, March 2024)

media

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 20

Author Topic: NEWBIES  (Read 81333 times)

yogini

NEWBIES
« on: March 06, 2010, 05:48:49 PM »

Just wanted to welcome all newbies - I seem to have missed a few over the last few days.  Welcome to you all - this is a great Forum.  When I found it I thought I was going mad!!!  then discovered I was perimenopausal!!

The forum is a great source of strength to so many of us.  We can share this journey and all its challenges, and realise we are not going mad and we are not alone!! 

I hope you all join in  with posting, and gain strength by joining.

Love Yogini xxxxx

Joyce

Re: NEWBIES
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2010, 06:31:15 PM »

I was told about this website by a GP & share many of your experiences.  It's helped me as I really didn't know terrribly much about the Menopause.  I knew about flushes and the like but not some of the other things like tiredness, memory loss.  I would have been hot-footing it to the GP thinking I was going bonkers otherwise.  SO come on all you Newbies share your experiences.   :) Someone will always answer your query.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2010, 01:16:47 PM by Joyce »

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2010, 01:01:55 PM »

Welcome from me as well.  You are no longer ALONE  :tulips:

julie61

« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2010, 03:55:26 PM »

hi i'm a newbie and been going through all this weird stuff for about 10 months now, mainly night flushes, mood swings and a touch of anxiety. Started using Serenity cream last month and feel this month a little better. Night sweats have calmed down so am sleeping better.
Can't get over my appetite though, all I want to do is eat which is very strange for me as i've never had a weight problem before. Glad i came across this site. It's good to know that i'm not going mad. Anybody know how long the dreaded meno lasts for
julie61 x ::)

Joyce

« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2010, 07:20:26 PM »

Julie 61
I think it varies a lot.  I've read anything from a few months to several years.  I'm hoping it's a few months, but knowing my luck I'll be stuck with it for years to come. ;) ;)

CLKD

« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2010, 08:16:08 AM »

Welcome - there seems to be more and more ladies joining in!   :tulips:

Meggie

« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2010, 09:27:10 AM »

Hi all you "Newbies"

Hope this Forum helps you feel more positive - it's been a life-saver for me .... I thought I was ready for the "funny farm!" 

There's so much info on here that if you sat all day answering threads and reading, you'd get nothing done.  It boosts your morale and bolsters you up when you are feeling down - all of us are at some stage of  "THE CHANGE" and they don't call it The Change for nothing.

Look forward to your input

Meggie

CLKD

« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2010, 12:29:36 PM »

I may be away over the weekend so WELCOME to all new users!  Browse round, join in, find our 'funny room', ask, ask, ask  :tulips:

lynnp

« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2010, 06:15:47 PM »

I would like to thank everyone for the welcome. I have never ailed so much in my life and it's nice to know that there are so many lovely  ladies out there who feel the same as I do. I think I could cope with maybe one thing, but it seems the Menopause has an array of weapons that it likes to test, sometimes all at once. When I say I feel ****, I really do. Mornings are usually my best time, but as I hit teatime and 5 o'clock my jammies are calling and it's all downhill from there. I hate it. I actually gave up wine because I felt worse, the heat my body gave off was unbearable. Since stopping, that seems to have settled, but I still have no energy towards the end of the day. Other symptoms just play around to see which one comes out on top. Thank you for listening. x

CLKD

« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2010, 05:07:03 PM »

You are very welcome  :tulips2:  browse round, join in  ..........

CLKD

« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2010, 10:44:20 AM »

:welcomemm: browse round, join in! 

CLKD

« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2010, 07:15:31 AM »

I haven't been around to welcome you all so  :welcomemm:   :tulips:  you'll soon fit in!

CLKD

« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2010, 11:19:37 AM »

Well - I go away for 2 days and lots of people drop by  ;D :welcomemm: browse round, join in .......... we talk about menopause sometimes  ::)

SueBee

« Reply #13 on: April 27, 2010, 05:43:01 PM »

I found this site through Googling Menopause and presto Im here and soooooo glad I have found you!!

So nice to chat and share with other women who understand how you are feeling!!!

Sue  :)

CLKD

« Reply #14 on: April 28, 2010, 07:35:30 AM »

Keep sharing you're very welcome  :cheer:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 20