News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Hi All  (Read 1251 times)

SN14

• First Flush
Hi All
« on: March 17, 2023, 01:51:57 PM »

Hi I am new to the forum. I started HRT around 18months ago. I started on Elleste Duet 1mg then increased to 2mg, then I changed completely to Oestrogel and progesterone caps combination. This latter was aroumd 3 to 6 months aago and for the last month I have been experiencing continual waves of nausea. I contacted the GP who has switched me to a different progesterone which I've yet to collect from the pharmacy, I'm a bit relunctant to change again as up till this nausea it was fine.
After reading a couple of things I'm wondering if this is due to fluctuating estrogen and whether I should try an increase in the number of pumps? I use two pumps at the moment one on each arm at night.

Any advice massively appreciated xx

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Hi All
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2023, 04:59:51 PM »

Hi!  nausea is awful.  MayB try increasing the number of pumps, but not every night initially.  Perhaps tonight then leave for 3 ...... some find that keeping a mood/food/symptom diary of use to chart progress. 

I had intense nausea prior to my periods but don't know which hormone would have caused that. 

Browse round.   :welcomemm:

SN14

• First Flush
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2023, 11:17:26 PM »

CLKD
Thanks for your reply. I will try a third pump tonight and see how I feel tomorrow and a diary to keep notes is a good idea to see if something is common.

Xx

SN14

• First Flush
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2023, 08:04:55 AM »

I have been applying 3 pumps now which I thought did the trick but it seems the nausea starts as soon as I've finished my two weeks of utrogeston.
The GP has issued medroxyprogrsterone but I'm not sure if it would make any difference when it's the weeks with progesterone that I feel sick 🤢.
Anyone suffered similar that can say how they've either got it stop or managed it?