Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Feeling like something stuck in vagina  (Read 2397 times)

arc73

Feeling like something stuck in vagina
« on: March 02, 2023, 06:09:31 PM »

I had this sensation 3 years ago when I first started to really notice menopausal symptoms. I can only describe it like having a dry tampon high in the vagina thats been inserted at an angle. The external soreness started soon after

When I went to the GP originally I was diagnosed with fibroids, LS and a polyp. I asked them to check for prolapse as that's what googling this sensation turns up. Nothing amiss there.

I've been on evorel and mirena with occasional ovestin since and things have been much better. However this week my stomach is swollen and uncomfortable. And now that stuck tampon feeling is back

Does anyone else get this sensation? I can't decide if a fibroid is flaring and pressing down, or I'm having either a VA or LS flare. But the latter doesn't cause bloating

I'm due to have my LS annual review in a few weeks but dermatology won't necessarily be experts on internal gynae

Flossieteacake

Re: Feeling like something stuck in vagina
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2023, 06:39:26 PM »

One thing that struck me is you said, you have used Ovestin occasionally. VA needs treating for life and if it is stopped the horrid VA will flare up. I would try using it daily and see if that helps you. Being sore inside can also be VA and you may be dry too. I have found using vaginal moisturiser very helpful. Yes and Sylk are popular ones.

arc73

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2023, 06:45:58 PM »

Thanks for your reply. You are right that I should have been consistent with the ovestin despite things being OK for months. I started it again last night and hopefully it will take the edge off. I look pregnant at the moment, I'm usually pretty slim

Flossieteacake

« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2023, 07:03:02 PM »

I am sorry you are feeling bloated. It is very uncomfortable. It is good you have started the Ovestin and hopefully this will help with the vaginal symptoms. You may like to make a GP appointment to discuss the swelling of your stomach. It is good you have a LS review soon.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2023, 07:06:24 PM »

Could it be a prolapse?  Start the VA treatment ASAP and continue for at least 3 weeks.  Let us know how you get on.

arc73

« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2023, 08:00:02 PM »

Neither me, my partner or GP have ever felt any sign of prolapse when delving around in there on any occasion I've had these symptoms.

I do have a fibroid measuring at least 6cm so I assume that occasionally must be poking me somewhere.

If I don't feel any less bloated next week I will try and get  GP appointment

Cara999

« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2023, 08:02:59 PM »

When my VA first started I remember saying to the nurse it felt like something was stuck up there so perhaps it could be due to not using the cream xxx

arc73

« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2023, 08:15:25 PM »

Thats really helpful to know Cara

Maybe my hormones have just shifted substantially again and everything is flaring. I thought I was having a period a few weeks ago, well as much as I get on the mirena so tiny amount of spotting.  It was a sudden drop that triggered everything 3 years ago too

arc73

« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2023, 07:15:26 AM »

The bloating has really eased off this week and I generally feel much more energetic and happy. Still a bit uncomfortable inside, not exactly sore but more aware a body part i can't usually feel. I am using the ovestin and dermovate daily now, and hopefully this will fully ease soon. I'm guessing it was a hormonal blip after all. For me this has been the hard thing about menopause, not knowing what has caused an issue. When my cycle was regular I could at least put it down to ovulation, PMS etc and know it would pass soon

Flossieteacake

« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2023, 07:55:31 AM »

It is so nice to hear your symptoms have improved.

Yes, meno is very confusing never knowing what  issue is what.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2023, 09:58:22 AM »

tnx for the update!

Cara999

« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2023, 01:38:54 PM »

So glad your symptoms have improved, you describe it exactly as I do, aware of that part of the body when normally you are not. This still remains for me xx