Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Advice about coming off HRT patches after 6 weeks  (Read 4411 times)

Budder

Advice about coming off HRT patches after 6 weeks
« on: January 22, 2023, 12:18:21 PM »

I would like some advice about coming off Estraderm 50 patches after 6 weeks. I am worried about side effects. Does anyone have any advice or experience of doing this. Thanks

Dotty

Re: Advice about coming off HRT patches after 6 weeks
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2023, 12:33:19 PM »

Hi when stopping hrt you can either just stop it straightaway or you can cut down slowly.  As you've been on it for a short time I'd say you'd be ok to just stop it.

Can I ask if there's a reason why you're wanting to stop ?  We might be able to help you. x

Budder

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2023, 12:41:08 PM »

I have such horrible side effects. Firstly from the Utrogestan, it made me so anxious and suicidal even taking both ways. I also had a similar reaction when trying the gel. I also am feeling more and more down and just not myself at all. Been to a private clinic who have said I am progesterone intolerant so I just can’t face going through it again but am so worried about side effects of stopping.

Dotty

« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2023, 01:25:59 PM »

Have the patches helped you ? x

Budder

« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2023, 01:44:26 PM »

Well I thought so at first but no I do not feel they have. My anxiety is so much worse and I am now feeling more and more jittery and just so low in myself which I did not feel like before I went on them. I just don’t know what to do with myself so think that this is not for me but so worried I feel a whole lot worse coining off them but that is my anxiety saying that

Taz2

« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2023, 01:46:37 PM »

What symptoms did you have which led you to try HRT? Taz x

Budder

« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2023, 04:40:19 PM »

I had started with anxiety at certain times of the month around ovulation but I had equally been very stressed at work so in hindsight this was not helping. I am still having regular periods albeit lighter . I am on a 50 patch so I am wondering if this is too high which I know can cause anxiety etc issues. Just want to know best way to reduce

Taz2

« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2023, 10:37:16 PM »

I found that HRT didn't help with my anxiety but has been wonderful at getting rid of the awful hot sweats and insomnia. Some women are on HRT together with anti depressants for the anxiety. It takes up to three months to really know whether a certain type of HRT is the right one and by then the initial side effects should have stabilised.

You will probably experience a bleed when you stop due to the progesterone withdrawal but you haven't been taking HRT for long and as it hasn't really helped I don't see that any other withdrawal side effects would be very noticeable.

Taz x

ohffswhatnow

• First Flush
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2023, 12:31:00 PM »

Just tagging onto this thread, as I am in a similar situation, coming off evorel sequi patches after just 4 months.

I started HRT b/c at 53 I had terrible joint pain (despite exercising all the time :D) and I was borderline suicidal (asked my husband for a divorce, was seeing a therapist, and previously had no issues with depression). The HRT was flipping brilliant at solving those, BUT like the original poster, I was feeling like I was hyped up and buzzing all around, my blood pressure also skyrocketed. My libido went from low to center of the earth depths as well.

I cut down to 1/2 a patch and that seemed to be working for while, BP back to normal and less manic feeling. But this past week I was back to feeling anxious and nervous and a bit moody, BP back up, GP says stop HRT, let's get BP under control and revisit. I think she is keen to help me get the right HRT, but if I can figure out a natural path (already tried, but ready to dive in again) then I will go that route for now.

Would love to hear if others have faced similar challenges and how they are coping. :o

Cara999

« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2023, 08:07:17 PM »

I stopped oral HRT after 4 months and didn't have any side effects, hope that helps xxx

Taz2

« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2023, 05:40:16 PM »

Hi ohffswhat now. Love the name!

Sorry you've not had any answers to your specific questions. Sometimes posts can get missed when put on an existing thread. If you post in the New Members section I'm sure more members would see it and respond

Taz x  :welcomemm: