Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 75 out now. (Spring issue, March 2024)

media

Author Topic: Stop start periods  (Read 1011 times)

Zowie

Stop start periods
« on: January 09, 2023, 03:22:46 PM »

Hi everyone

Had a search on the form but couldn't find anything on this so apologies if there are posts elsewhere.  Just wondered if anyone has had a period where it was tailing off and you thought it had finished after one clear day and then spotting starts again?  This happened to me at the weekend.  I've had a copper coil in for a year but finished my period on Thursday night and by Saturday morning I was spotting again.  I'm 50 and so done with all of this :(  Not on HRT and currently nursing a poorly SI joint as it's decided to flare up.  Any reassurance welcome (had a trans vaginal ultrasound a year ago so no concerns there by my GP).  Thanks everyone.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Stop start periods
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2023, 03:59:34 PM »

Yep.  Periods waxed and waned, we have several threads on the topic.  Mine disappeared for months then returned  ::) I knew it was The Change. 

As oestrogen levels drop muscles may become lax = aches and pains.  Do read the 'bladder issues' and vaginal atrophy threads too, make notes ;-)

Zowie

Re: Stop start periods
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2023, 08:41:21 AM »

Thanks CLKD, I always have trouble finding things on this forum but I'll have a good root around  :)  Watched an interesting YouTube video yesterday about why periods can stop and start so feeling a bit happier now.  Men get away with things so lightly  :-\