Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Anyone using /used Agnus Castus (vitex)?  (Read 35149 times)

CrispyChick

Re: Anyone using /used Agnus Castus (vitex)?
« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2023, 10:22:02 AM »

So, that's me 5 weeks in, but only 5 days on double dose.

I'm very pmsy. But not as bad as last month. So there's still a way to go. But it is known as a slow acting herb.

I had some bloods done this week. They show my prolactin is lowering. Also my P is up quite high. But my E is still sky high. So that's why I'm still unbalanced.

Really hoping the AC can do its thing. This month hopefully. Fingers crossed.

Cara999

« Reply #16 on: February 04, 2023, 12:06:32 PM »

Crispychick fingers crossed it helps xx

CrispyChick

« Reply #17 on: February 07, 2023, 09:38:19 AM »

Cara, can I ask what symptoms you are taking agnus castus for??

That's me done 6 weeks. 1 week on double dose. No improvement yet. I'm fact, it's been a terrible month.

Fingers crossed things improve as I move into 3rd cycle.

Cara999

« Reply #18 on: February 07, 2023, 04:50:44 PM »

Crispychick sorry its not helping as yet 😒 I started taking it for PMS symptoms, sore boots, cramps and mood, I went in Holland and Barrett  and theu recommended it.

I was on HRT for a while but recently came off it so decided to try angus cactus again xxxx

CrispyChick

« Reply #19 on: February 10, 2023, 10:55:09 AM »

Cara

How many weeks have you been taking it this time so far?

Waiting for improvement is torturous.  :(

Cara999

« Reply #20 on: February 10, 2023, 07:21:38 PM »

Crispychick I'm only 3 weeks in, not sure if it's doing anything to be honest because I've not had a period for a couple of months.

Are you perimenopausal xxx

CrispyChick

« Reply #21 on: February 10, 2023, 07:35:49 PM »

Yes. Peri hell here. I'm 46.

I am now wondering if I actually needed the higher dose to start with, I've only been on the higher dose 12 days  >:(. Hope I don't have to start counting again.

Still, at least no side affects  :)

Cara999

« Reply #22 on: February 10, 2023, 11:08:32 PM »

Crispychick I'm 47, it's certainly peri hell. Are ur periods regular? Perhaps you did. It's a nightmare isn't it. I'm also taking health and her perimenopause supplements. R u not on HRT xx

CrispyChick

« Reply #23 on: February 11, 2023, 10:10:40 AM »

Oh. I've got my eye on the health and her supplements as I'm keen to try ashwagandha. But one change at a time...do you like them?

Hrt. Absolutely not. I have normal to high estrogen but incredibly low progesterone. Regular periods. So I'm hoping the Agnus castus can increase my own progesterone but also help balance my estrogen.

I've been this way a long time, at one point my gp did give me hrt tablets - the estrogen tablets absolutely poisoned me. I've got a lot of posts on the bhrt thread and progesterone cream.

What's your situation??? I think you said you had tried hrt??

Did you stick with the Holland and barret ones? X

Cara999

« Reply #24 on: February 11, 2023, 05:15:03 PM »

I do like the health and her supplements they seem to help with mood for me.

My periods are all over the place, seem to be going longer and longer.

Tried HRT for a few months but stopped due to hair loss, could have been a coincidence bit wasn't chancing loosing anymore. Seems to have settled now I've stopped.

Yes stuck the H&B ones for now but may try the ine you suggested when these run out xxx

Madeline

« Reply #25 on: February 15, 2023, 10:24:26 AM »

Hi crispy chick,

Dont know if Im helping but possibly 5 years ago I used the extract the Holland and barret one. Mt boobs got very sore and I started spotting mid cycle so stopped as it didnt seem to suit me but I will say it was very strong and definitely works on the cycle. Sorry not much good to you, best of luck.x

CrispyChick

« Reply #26 on: March 03, 2023, 01:09:48 PM »

Thanks Madeline. If us helpful that you felt the Holland and barrett ones very strong. They are much lower dose than what I'm on.

Cara - how are you getting on???

That's me 9 weeks in. 4 weeks on 800mg and the inevitable has happened. The headaches have arrived, just as the blooming thing has started to work. No pms this month!!!!

So, I've stopped for a break. Once the headaches calm, I'm going to restart using the Holland and Barrett lower dose ones. I've come this far. It's now in my system, may as well see if a lower dose works. Maybe even every second day.

I'd love to hear how you're getting on with it. X

Cara999

« Reply #27 on: March 04, 2023, 09:28:30 AM »

Aw crispychick what a shame headaches have started...not good. Try the H&B see if the headaches subside.

I'm feeling pretty crap at the moment, haven't had a period in 3 months so think I'm dipping further into it all. I'll see how I am for a few months but may re think HRT xxx

CrispyChick

« Reply #28 on: March 16, 2023, 11:31:15 AM »

Hi cara - have you got anywhere with the agnus castus yet???

It must be so strong. I stopped my 800mg whole herb when this luteal phase triggered intense headaches (like happened to me before). I took a week off. Now taking half a Holland and barret tablet (4m extract), do 2mg.

But I can't seem to exit this luteal phase  ;D. Never in my life have I had such a long cycle. I'm now day 36 and nothing.

The extreme head pressure has abated, but I'm getting so many migraines this luteal phase. I need it to end.

So, clearly 800mg whole herb is ridiculously strong for me. I might increase to the 4mg H and B, should my period ever arrive!

Love to hear how you're getting on with it x

Cara999

« Reply #29 on: March 16, 2023, 03:29:12 PM »

Hi crispychick oh I'm so sorry love 😒 not what you want is it, nothing worse than constant headaches.

I'm feeling okay in myself, mood wise. Still no period for me either which is making me feel slightly anxious, I don't know why!!!

Perhaps like you say reduce and see how u feel or maybe try the H&B ones. Sending love xxx
Pages: 1 [2] 3