Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Anyone using /used Agnus Castus (vitex)?  (Read 35152 times)

CrispyChick

Anyone using /used Agnus Castus (vitex)?
« on: January 08, 2023, 10:11:43 AM »

I posted about this last year, and was going to resurrect, but the forum suggested a new post  ;D

So, I've actually started taking it. 400mg, Nature's Aid - premeze brand, made in UK.

Love to talk to anyone taking it, or previously taken it in peri.

I took it 5 years ago and wow. It changed my hormones dramatically, for the better. However, I quickly developed excruciating migraines and stopped.

After 5 years of trialling what seems like 'Everything else', I'm giving it another go. Same brand, but half the dose. I also intend to take monthly breaks for a few days to avoid attenuation (as suggested by Lara Briden).

So - anyone out there? I don't think I've ovulated this month (and suffering for it) so that's one thing if should help with in time.

Any stories welcome... Xx

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Anyone using /used Agnus Castus (vitex)?
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2023, 12:26:08 PM »

There's already a post about this  :-\

CrispyChick

« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2023, 12:33:00 PM »

I know. I just said that. I was resurrecting it but the forum stated at me that as if was over 120 days old, I would be better starting a new thread. So I did  ;)

I guess the thinking is, with 120 days people will have changed, moved on etc. So better to start again for fresh eyes?!

CLKD

« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2023, 12:33:59 PM »

Not necessarily.  It allows people to read through the whole thread rather than hunting for responses. 

CrispyChick

« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2023, 12:37:22 PM »

CLKD. I was just doing what the forum suggested.

Your view clearly differs to how the forum was set up.

I dont really care where I post, I'm just looking for help and support. So I'd rather not weigh my new thread down with a discussion about the rights and wrongs of starting a new thread please.  :-*

CLKD

« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2023, 12:46:48 PM »

I suppose I come from the days of dial up.  As well as not wanting to wade through a search box to find information although having looked, there doesn't seem to be much about it on MM.  Let us know how you get on?
« Last Edit: January 08, 2023, 12:48:19 PM by CLKD »

CrispyChick

« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2023, 03:31:15 PM »

That's 5 full weeks... If a yone ejse is out there??? Or has been on vitex, agnus castus.   :)

No changes yet... So I've doubled the dose. Which only takes me to what the bottle suggests anyway.

Really love to hear from anyone that is or has used it in peri. X

Cara999

« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2023, 08:04:55 PM »

Hi crispychick, I used angus cactus for a few years. I'm peri, it seemsed to help with my sore breast and other general PMT symptoms. I stopped it for a while, just forgot to buy it and have recently just started it again xxx

CrispyChick

« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2023, 08:50:14 PM »

Thanks Cara. Nice to find someone.

A few questions, if you don't mind.  :)

Can you remember how long it took to take affect??? Did you originally take it continuously?

How much do you take?

I'm on 400mg dried herb, so now 800mg. I need to go easy as 5 years ago I took it to amazing effect, but I quickly tipped into excruciating constant migraines, so I quit. I'm using same brand and now same dose (as of 3 days ago). But 5 weeks on half the dose and I feel nothing but desperate  ;D

X

Cara999

« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2023, 10:25:06 PM »

Crispychick mine is tablet form from Holland and Barrett, I'm not sure if the dose. I did take it continously for years previously, I honestly can't remember and ive only restarted it last week.  I tried HRT for a few months and because I didn't like some of the side effects, headaches being one I remembered angus cactus and decided to try it again. Sorry not much help but I do remember I was fine on it.

Just been and looked at the packet it says 52mg xxx

KaraShannon

« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2023, 10:34:54 PM »

I used to take it regularly as it stopped all pre menstrual tension (as it was called in those days, now is a 'syndrome.')  That was in the 90's though.

I can't remember the dose but I took the liquid drops by Vogel.

I took it a year or two again before starting HRT, to see if it would help with irregular periods, but I then had a day of ectopic heartbeats.  I think I might have taken too much then though and it may not have been what I needed.  I'm not put off, it worked beautifully in the early days so I do like the herb, but can't help as far as menopause goes with it. 

CrispyChick

« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2023, 04:31:53 PM »

Thank you ladies.

I've seen the Holland and barret ones. They are an extract, which in my limited reading means they are more guaranteed potency than my herb, which is why it comes in higher doses.

That said, when I took this same one 5 years ago, the 800mg herb was far too much taken every day, so, as soon as it starts to work (if it does!!) I intend to drop back to 400mg and take breaks on my period. Or I might even swap to the lower dose extract.

I'm trying this one because I know, without any doubt, that it can work. But as karashannon discovered - things can change and I'm now 5 years further towards meno with a lot more synptoms than just pms. But... Time will tell.

Be good to hear when you find it starts helping cara. X

Cara999

« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2023, 06:24:48 PM »

Crispychick which one do you use l, what's the name, I may swop from the Holland and Barrett one xxx

CrispyChick

« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2023, 08:29:51 PM »

Cara, I use Premeze by Nature's Aid. It's made in UK.

Cara999

« Reply #14 on: February 02, 2023, 10:38:10 PM »

Thanks crispychick I'll have a look. Let me know how you get on xxx
Pages: [1] 2 3