Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16]

Author Topic: Has anyone used natural progesterone cream eg Biovea?  (Read 86195 times)

HelloSam666

Re: Has anyone used natural progesterone cream eg Biovea?
« Reply #225 on: April 02, 2023, 01:47:08 PM »

Hi Furyan,

thank you and yes, I agree, the NHS is of no use for anyone who doesn't fit the standardised HRT medications.

She did say, having looked at the 2 products I buy & the strength of each that if i'm taking a standard pump of the estriol/estradiol cream and one of the progesterone, that irrespective of taking the mini pill it should be fine but of course she couldn't give any guarantees. However, i've just stopped taking the mini pill in the last couple of days as i know i cannot take it indefinitely so i'll see how that pans out. Fingers crossed i'll be okay (it's a bit scary changing something in a routine that works eek) but if I do start experiencing problems, i will book an appt with a private clinic that uses bioidentical hormone treatment. There is one near me https://www.hormonebalanceclinic.co.uk/. Sam x

Scampidoodle

« Reply #226 on: April 11, 2023, 11:25:51 AM »

I’ve been meaning to ask how you’re getting on with coming off the mini pill Sam?

To update on my situation - I tried the cream once per day. I’d had good results in calming anxiety etc with the odd pump. But when using consistently I got days of feeling woozy and dizzy. Very much like crispychick on here.

So over a month ago I started utrogestan. Bizarrely it doesn’t make me tired. I take it orally. Some ups and downs but generally an improvement. However I think it’s stopped my cycle. Unless I’m on day 47 of my last cycle! I have the Mirena too but still bled but nothing since utrogestan and I’m struggling again now. Panic attack this morning.

Feel like I’m running out of options x

HelloSam666

« Reply #227 on: April 11, 2023, 01:17:09 PM »

Hi Scampi,

good to hear from you. I'm so sorry you're struggling, that's awful for you. I don't know what to suggest but hopefully someone can offer guidance.

With the mini pill, it's only been a few days really since i stopped and so far, not made any difference to anything which is good. Not had a period either but i guess its just early days from stopping it so we shall see. If i do encounter problems I'm going straight back on it as GP said i can continue for another year if i want to. Sam x

Scampidoodle

« Reply #228 on: April 11, 2023, 04:39:42 PM »

I’m glad nothing bad has happened and I hope it continues to go well!!

Yes struggling again. I’m not sure if the utrogestan has stopped my cycle which in theory should be a good thing but things still feel like they’re fluctuating underneath.

Tried dim, trying glutathione and considering trying sulforaphane next to try and detox some estrogen. I had a Dutch test and estrogen wasn’t particularly high or low. Xx

Scampidoodle

« Reply #229 on: May 15, 2023, 04:28:28 PM »

To update in case anyone follows this thread.

Firstly it looks like I’m new but I just couldn’t reactivate my account after leaving for a bit but I’m still the same person!

Tried utrogestan daily but my cycle was 47 days and pre menstrual was worse than normal and prolonged!!

I’m trying the contraceptive implant but that might be coming out tomorrow (long story)

I’ve got some compounded progesterone cream and might trial this next. I tried over the counter but this will be stronger.

I know a few use this like Marchlove. So if anyone has any insight into using compounded cream let me know.

Before I get any scary messages I’m not on oestrogen!!

I’m using the progesterone to try and help my histamine and mast cell issues. Similar issues to Marchlove genetically x

Mrslolad

« Reply #230 on: November 22, 2023, 09:33:53 PM »

Am not sure if any of you ladies are still around but I wanted to say a big THANK YOU for this thread.

I’ve been really suffering  with  ‘upping the estrogen’ to combat my symptoms and, after months of research and journaling came to the conclusion that the estrogen was the root cause. Being estrogen heavy has caused a nightmare for me and I am now trying to sort myself.

This thread has been so informative!

Elaine90

« Reply #231 on: December 08, 2023, 09:56:13 AM »

I'm wondering about trying the Biovea progesterone (long story)
Anyway, for any of you ladies that have tried it, is it any better than taking a small amount of Utrogestan transdermally?
They are supposed to have the same active ingredient (natural micronised progesterone), but it seems that a lot of members find a big difference between the different oestrogen patches and gels although they too have the same active ingredient. So was wondering what you found.
Thanks  :)

Mary G

« Reply #232 on: December 08, 2023, 12:49:45 PM »

Biovea is much better than Utrogestan in my opinion.  I tried it and had no side effects at all.

I have never tried Utrogestan transdermally and I'm not sure it would work.  Has anyone else tried it?

Gnatty

« Reply #233 on: December 08, 2023, 06:20:27 PM »

I know of someone who uses it transdermally successfully and it does increase her progesterone as blood tests confirm it. However no womb so doesn't have to worry about that side of things. I keep meaning to try it myself as I am in the same position that I can get away with minimal dose. I just take the utrogestan orally but every other night. It seems to prevent build up that way.

Mrslolad

« Reply #234 on: February 19, 2024, 03:11:21 PM »

I know no one has posted for a while but I was wondering if any of you ladies are still around.

It’s been so interesting to read stories that are so similar to mine.

I’ve been on HRT for 18 months (diff types) and the E has done nothing but make me incredibly ill and affect my mental health.

This past week, after yet another spiral after reaching the 3 month mark, I decided enough was enough and stopped the patch I was on.  Am pretty sure I shouldn’t be going cold turkey but I just couldn’t cope with it anymore.I’ve lost so much of my life trying to find an HRT that fits and not having anyone listen to what my body has been going through.

I’ve started taking wellsprings serenity daily and will monitor how things go.

I just wanted to say thank you to you all for sharing your experiences.  It’s so hard to find a safe place to share when your experience doesn’t fit the ‘norm’
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16]