Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: High blood pressure  (Read 6249 times)

Elliebee

Re: High blood pressure
« Reply #45 on: December 21, 2022, 08:53:09 PM »

2 cats here

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #46 on: December 21, 2022, 11:26:13 PM »

:catscratch: :cat48:

Elliebee

« Reply #47 on: January 03, 2023, 01:41:59 PM »

Just been to GP Reading was 152/75 and then 145/85. I’ve been given a monitor to check levels twice a day at home for a week

Lynda07

« Reply #48 on: January 03, 2023, 02:07:13 PM »

I hope you get on ok with the monitor, did they not mention the 24 hour one?

Hopefully they didn't think those readings were too bad and that you are ok.

Elliebee

« Reply #49 on: January 03, 2023, 04:09:21 PM »

Lynda07 I did ask if I could have the 24/7 monitor but GP said they were out in use for higher risk patients. I’m hoping that I will remain calm and stick to the 2 readings per day.
GP said the readings today were not horrendous and didn’t require any rush to prescribe meds.
When do you get your 24/7 monitor?

Lynda07

« Reply #50 on: January 03, 2023, 05:16:40 PM »

That's very reassuring for you Elliebee, I hope you feel the same.

I don't know if I am allowed to post links here but if you search tips on taking your blood pressure at home the Blood Pressure UK website has some information, just in case you find it helpful.

I've yet to book mine with the surgery but it will be in the next month or so.

Elliebee

« Reply #51 on: January 03, 2023, 05:46:19 PM »

Lynda07 I was pleased that the readings were lower than those taken before Christmas. One minute I’m reassured and the next I’m not 😬. Will do my first reading before bed and will do some breathing exercises and meditation before hand. I have to do 3 a few minutes apart and record the lowest. I’m sure if it’s gone high again that will send my anxiety through the roof. God I hate all this getting old /menopause crap! But as my sister said some people would be happy just to have high BP!

Ayesha

« Reply #52 on: January 25, 2023, 05:00:20 PM »

This has been a very informative thread to read. I am about to do 6 days of monitoring mine as I keep getting high readings whilst at the surgery. I always have done and I've always put it down to anxiety but I think its about time I did my own readings in more relaxed circumstances.

Recently told I have high cholesterol 7.2 and am now on statins as of yesterday but I no longer have a diagnoses of prediabetes, I have managed to reverse it.  Some good news at least!  :)

losttheplot

« Reply #53 on: January 25, 2023, 06:54:15 PM »

This has been a very informative thread to read. I am about to do 6 days of monitoring mine as I keep getting high readings whilst at the surgery. I always have done and I've always put it down to anxiety but I think its about time I did my own readings in more relaxed circumstances.

Recently told I have high cholesterol 7.2 and am now on statins as of yesterday but I no longer have a diagnoses of prediabetes, I have managed to reverse it.  Some good news at least!  :)
Well done on reversing your prediabetes. I'm sure you'll find your home recorded BP readings lower than the ones in the surgery. Mine always used to be fine in the Dr surgery, and then the dreaded meno anxiety hit and suddenly in my 40's  I acquired white coat syndrome  ::)
Mind you I have also recently developed high blood pressure for real in my mid 60s, and have just started taking Lercanidipine. Let us know how you get on.

Ayesha

« Reply #54 on: January 26, 2023, 12:30:39 PM »

Well going by my first reading this morning I think it won't be long before I am on meds, but we will see! 
My meds list is getting longer, the joys of old age ::)
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]