Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 75 out now. (Spring issue, March 2024)

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: A virtual hand-hold please!  (Read 3028 times)

Greengoddess

A virtual hand-hold please!
« on: November 15, 2022, 07:10:33 PM »

Hello
I just want to know I’m not alone. I’m suffering such a horrible variety of symptoms that have completely knocked me sideways and I have literally no one to talk to about it all. I have recently been put back on HRT after a desperate call to my GP for help to cope. I have been taking them for a week now and am hoping I will soon feel something change for the better! Can anyone please give me a bit of advice and a virtual hand-hold please? I feel so very alone on this horrid journey  :'(

discogirl

Re: A virtual hand-hold please!
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2022, 07:26:29 PM »

hi greengoddess

you are definately not alone.

i too am trying to deal with a lot of issues

you are not on your own.

feel free to message me whenever you want xxx

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2022, 07:49:40 PM »

Hands over a  :hug:

What's your biggest botheration this evening?  R U able to explain your symptoms?  How R your periods etc.. 

Greengoddess

« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2022, 08:01:59 PM »

Thank you both for your replies…

CLKD….My main symptom that’s really getting me down is aches and pains. Some mornings I can barely even get out of bed I ache so much. I can’t sleep, my mind is racing, my moods are awful and I have no lust for life anymore!
I’m used to being such a busy active person and I’m feeling so low.

I haven’t had any periods for about seven months now, I was on Evorel Sequi patches until February when I was told to come off them by my GP as I had a long heavy bleed after a year of nothing, I was sent for a womb biopsy which came back fine….I tried to go without HRT, as I wasn’t sure I needed any help at the time but my recent low moods and joint pains etc have made me think I needed some hormonal support. So I’m now back on HRT.
I just want to feel human again, I feel like such a let down to myself and my family being like this  :'(

MIS71MUM

• Just trying my best!
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2022, 08:03:28 PM »

Sorry to hear that, I’m the same at the moment. I’m holding your hand and sending a giant hug!

Flossieteacake

« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2022, 09:35:23 PM »

Hello Greengoddess and welcome to the forum. Menopause can feel so lonely but you are not alone now that you have found us. :)

What a shame you had to stop HRT for a bit but at least you know HRT helps as you tried it before. As you have only been on it a week now it is too early to help with the aches and pains but they will improve for you.

You have to understand that you cannot help how you feel. You have not let yourself or your family down by feeling this way. Sadly it is not something you can control. You are not choosing to feel sore and low. Please be kinder to yourself Greengoddess. We have all had times we have felt as you do so you will find a lot of support on here.

CLKD

« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2022, 09:53:40 AM »

Morning.  How long have you been on the HRT?  Is it the same regime as previously.  Some regimes will cause a bleed until the hormone levels settle.  Your GP should know that, at least you have had your womb checked.

U could ask to be referred to a menopause clinic, there is a waiting list .........

As oestrogen levels fall, muscles may become lax = aches and pains.  Also the body may b become dry: inside and out.  ........ and breath.  Have you tried taking pain relief B4 bed, to ease any difficulties the next morning?

Greengoddess

« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2022, 10:37:26 AM »

Morning.  How long have you been on the HRT?  Is it the same regime as previously.  Some regimes will cause a bleed until the hormone levels settle.  Your GP should know that, at least you have had your womb checked.
Morning CLKD…..
I started taking Femoston about two and a half years ago which I got on well with until I had the long and heavy bleed which resulted in my GP sending me for the womb biopsy. After that came back ok, she put me onto the patches which I didn’t find treated me so well, so I stopped using them hoping that I could battle through by myself.
I have been put back on the Femoston again now which I’ve been taking for about a week….I’m hoping that the positive effects I had from them before will be felt again soon!
Re the muscle and joint pains, I have also started a strict regime of supplements and vitamins etc along with trying to drink more water and use relaxation techniques. I have a very stressful and busy job and before this really bad spell began, I had the month from hell at work, and looking back now, I think I reached burnout stage both mentally and physically. When I was younger, I would have bounced back, but I guess now I’m 50 and my body isn’t quite what it was, I have to be more gentle with myself.

U could ask to be referred to a menopause clinic, there is a waiting list .........

As oestrogen levels fall, muscles may become lax = aches and pains.  Also the body may b become dry: inside and out.  ........ and breath.  Have you tried taking pain relief B4 bed, to ease any difficulties the next morning?

CLKD

« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2022, 11:24:25 AM »

from Greengoddess.   

Morning CLKD…..
I started taking Femoston about two and a half years ago which I got on well with until I had the long and heavy bleed which resulted in my GP sending me for the womb biopsy. After that came back ok, she put me onto the patches which I didn’t find treated me so well, so I stopped using them hoping that I could battle through by myself.

I have been put back on the Femoston again now which I’ve been taking for about a week….I’m hoping that the positive effects I had from them before will be felt again soon!

Re the muscle and joint pains, I have also started a strict regime of supplements and vitamins etc along with trying to drink more water and use relaxation techniques. I have a very stressful and busy job and before this really bad spell began, I had the month from hell at work, and looking back now, I think I reached burnout stage both mentally and physically.

When I was younger, I would have bounced back, but I guess now I’m 50 and my body isn’t quite what it was, I have to be more gentle with myself.

Don't try to battle !!!  Patches may not deliver as much HRT as the body requires.  Let us know how you get on!

mandss

« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2022, 02:42:05 PM »

Please do not suffer alone, we are all going through this together. Feel free to message for a chat any time, you journey sounds similar to mine, so I understand how you feel xx

discogirl

« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2022, 04:45:34 PM »

Hello
I just want to know I’m not alone. I’m suffering such a horrible variety of symptoms that have completely knocked me sideways and I have literally no one to talk to about it all. I have recently been put back on HRT after a desperate call to my GP for help to cope. I have been taking them for a week now and am hoping I will soon feel something change for the better! Can anyone please give me a bit of advice and a virtual hand-hold please? I feel so very alone on this horrid journey  :'(

Hi Greengoddess,

How are you today ? xx

Greengoddess

« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2022, 05:26:50 PM »

Hi discogirl
Thank you for asking….I started the day feeling terrible (again) but things have got brighter as the day has gone on. Had a long chat with my partner today about how I feel and what I need from him, that felt good to put it out there rather than it being the elephant in the room! I’ve napped, I’ve read a book, I’ve done some mindfulness meditation, and made a concerted effort to be calm and see things more clearly, which in turn has helped me to deal with the aches and pains xx

Greengoddess

« Reply #12 on: November 16, 2022, 05:27:47 PM »

Please do not suffer alone, we are all going through this together. Feel free to message for a chat any time, you journey sounds similar to mine, so I understand how you feel xx

Thank you so much xx

CLKD

« Reply #13 on: November 16, 2022, 05:38:42 PM »

How did your partner react?

discogirl

« Reply #14 on: November 16, 2022, 05:48:14 PM »

Hi discogirl
Thank you for asking….I started the day feeling terrible (again) but things have got brighter as the day has gone on. Had a long chat with my partner today about how I feel and what I need from him, that felt good to put it out there rather than it being the elephant in the room! I’ve napped, I’ve read a book, I’ve done some mindfulness meditation, and made a concerted effort to be calm and see things more clearly, which in turn has helped me to deal with the aches and pains xx

Hi Greengoddess,

I'm so pleased your day got brighter.

It's really important to let our OH's know what's going on, having a good chat will enable your partner to support you better.

Mindfulness meditation is really good to help promote calmness xx
Pages: [1] 2