Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 34

Author Topic: Does "man" offend you?  (Read 64851 times)

jaypo

Re: Does "man" offend you?
« Reply #315 on: April 06, 2023, 06:25:12 PM »

Oh for goodness sake 🙄.....
I'm having big daddy and chips tomorrow night  :rofl:

And what about a steak songbird  ;D

jaypo

« Reply #316 on: April 06, 2023, 06:26:30 PM »

It beggers belief doesn't it getting_old? Some folks really do need a reality check  >:(

getting_old

« Reply #317 on: April 06, 2023, 07:01:08 PM »

It beggers belief doesn't it getting_old? Some folks really do need a reality check  >:(

She's probably after compensation, for the trauma you know  ::) ::)

Songbird

« Reply #318 on: April 06, 2023, 07:14:52 PM »

Oh for goodness sake 🙄.....
I'm having big daddy and chips tomorrow night  :rofl:

And what about a steak songbird  ;D

:rofl:

jaypo

« Reply #319 on: April 18, 2023, 08:07:59 AM »

Was glad to see that single sex schools will NOT allow youngsters in who decide the want to be the opposite sex also Budweiser has has faced a massive drop in sales due to using some "influencer" who apparently is a trans woman,I'd no idea who he was but my daughter said he/she isn't liked as he's very outspoken,so maybe people ARE fighting back?
I always write to these companies when they are being bullied by these minorities,if we don't these things will get out of hand,so it's maybe something we could all do?

getting_old

« Reply #320 on: April 18, 2023, 01:09:37 PM »

I think the same so called influencer has also done work for Nike and Olay, so two other brands that people are now talking about boycotting. I saw something about Sharron Davies speaking out against Nike.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2023, 01:11:20 PM by getting_old »

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #321 on: April 18, 2023, 01:45:00 PM »

Sharron has spoken openly has has JK Rowling ;-). 

jaypo

« Reply #322 on: April 18, 2023, 02:21:43 PM »

Did you see the advert for Nike? This bloke calling himself a woman,advertising sports bras,he's not even had the op!!! Shaped like a man,IS man yet is advertising women's clothes,what a joke.
Yep,good on Sharron AND jk,although jk didn't say anything but women have periods,then the little minority got stuck into her but isn't she right!?!

Songbird

« Reply #323 on: April 18, 2023, 02:33:47 PM »

She's 100% right Jaypo. And so is Sharron. We're needing more ladies in the public eye speaking out for sure   >:( Blinking ridiculous  >:(

CLKD

« Reply #324 on: April 18, 2023, 03:19:14 PM »

I think that NIKE have shot themselves in the foot!  There's inclusive as well as stupidity. 

jillydoll

• Hiya
« Reply #325 on: April 18, 2023, 06:41:13 PM »

Omg. I haven't seen that! I'll keep a look out.
Bloody ridiculous.

vintagefiend

« Reply #326 on: April 19, 2023, 09:40:12 AM »

Hey Jaypo-

just want to thank you for starting this thread
I've been worried about gender bollocks for some years and find it doesn't go well with my blood pressure!
I have a teenage son who's always seen it for what it is and a teen daughter who was all "be kind" etc but has now come full circle- yay!! she says it's seen as daft by many at her school and kids are starting to feel comfortable in questioning it in class discussions (many of the teachers are a lost cause though). the kids do remain respectful towards the poor souls who believe themselves to be trans. anyway, big relief that gender ideology might be losing its shine with the "yoof"!
I've lost a gay male friend over it- horrible argument- I had his back in the 90s when homophobia was more prevalent- can't believe he's so dismissive of women's boundaries
I've often wondered what the women on here thought (not saying we're a total hive mind!) given our very female experiences of the difficulties menopause and our ages/life experience. I don't think there are many world-weary, middle aged women who are on board with Izzard etc- just simpering, spoilt slebs like Emma Thompson
Anyway, got that off my chest- i'm now going to read through the thread properly- taking breaks for my blood pressure to return to normal- I just wanted to say thanks before I do so :)

vintagefiend

« Reply #327 on: April 19, 2023, 09:45:49 AM »

oh and well done for calling these blokes...blokes! just sticks in my craw to say "she"
btw have you seen the south park episode "mr garrison's fancy new vagina" it's from around 2006 but prescient- well ahead of the curve.
they've speared gender ideology over the years- bloody love that show- i think it's kept my kids on the right path ;D

jaypo

« Reply #328 on: April 19, 2023, 11:52:21 AM »

Ha vintagefiend,you're not alone,as we've all said in this thread,these people are a tiny minority and probably attention seekers,although I do have sympathy with people who truly believe they have been born into the wrong body but sadly this has opened the door for all and sundry to say LOOK AT ME,I urge people to get in touch with these companies who buckle to the demands of these idiots and speak your mind to them,which I do think folks are doing,Budweiser for instance was down 4 million $s when people objected to that he/she advertising their lager. The one that gets my BP soaring is the Sam Smiths,who want to be known as they 😳😳😳  get a life

CLKD

« Reply #329 on: April 19, 2023, 12:02:44 PM »

I've said B4 : If a person runs into a Police Station saying 'they attacked me' the Force will be looking for multiples, not a single entity  :-\

That's because your gay friend is male vintage fiend .......... regardless!
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 34