Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 75 out now. (Spring issue, March 2024)

media

Author Topic: What the.....?!!  (Read 1661 times)

KaraShannon

What the.....?!!
« on: October 24, 2022, 11:49:02 PM »

So I am getting this WTF feeling in my upper abdomen.   ;D  No pain.  Not distressing.  Just a feeling like something is surging and 'what's going on, what's going on, oh it's gone,' feeling.  That's about how long it lasts, but it happens throughout the course of the day.  It seems to happen around the time of my last estradiol patch before moving onto the combined norehisterone.

It lasts a few days and some months I think I may still be ovulating due to the type of discharge that occurs that is only for a couple of days.

But it's new, in the last 2 - 3 months.

Is this surge type thing a flush?  I've not had hot flushes though I did have many other symptoms of peri menopause which led me to decide on hrt.

All my heart tests have been normal.  This is weird but it does seem to have some hormonal link.

KaraShannon

Re: What the.....?!!
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2022, 10:06:04 PM »

Anyone?  Does this sound like anything similar to a flush (but without any heat)?

Just curious.  Or is this not something anyone gets?  Thanks   :)

Kathleen

« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2022, 10:08:21 AM »

Hello KaraShannon

I often have surges of well something, I am not really sure what it is. Sometimes it seems to be purely physical like a hot flush but sometimes it is emotional like a feeling of sadness or panic.  There doesn't seem to be any logical reason for these episodes so I have always thought they were hormonal.

I am very post meno but I have been using HRT for a long time so fluctuations are likely still happening. I long for the day when a surge of any cause or description is a thing of the past.

Wishing you well.

K.

jaypo

« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2022, 12:36:40 PM »

Sounds like adrenaline surges to me,I had them a lot and still get them from time to time now,had no clue what they were to start with but I'm pretty certain that's what it is  :)

KaraShannon

« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2022, 10:45:24 PM »

Hello KaraShannon

I often have surges of well something, I am not really sure what it is. Sometimes it seems to be purely physical like a hot flush but sometimes it is emotional like a feeling of sadness or panic.  There doesn't seem to be any logical reason for these episodes so I have always thought they were hormonal.

I am very post meno but I have been using HRT for a long time so fluctuations are likely still happening. I long for the day when a surge of any cause or description is a thing of the past.

Wishing you well.

K.

Thanks Kathleen

This never feels emotional, purely physical, kind of like a rocket going off in my chest in slow motion.  Always before a period, though at the moment it seems to be more around ovulation, or perhaps where my body is trying to ovulate (I think it's achieving it some months but not always)

I got very panicky in the shop tonight but that was a different thing.  My postural hypotension has returned, I went in the shop and felt like I was going to pass out.  I recovered after half a minute, left the shop, went to another (each time getting out of my car and it was the standing from sitting) and broke out in a sweat and panick that perhaps there was something seriously wrong and I'd collapse in the shop.  I nearly didn't buy what I needed.  A bit of a delayed panic as the feeling of faintness had long gone.

Now at midnight I'm having surges in the chest.  At least all of these things have their place in the cycle and then they go away, but they are puzzling.

KaraShannon

« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2022, 10:49:02 PM »

Sounds like adrenaline surges to me,I had them a lot and still get them from time to time now,had no clue what they were to start with but I'm pretty certain that's what it is  :)

Thanks Jaypo.  What I described has now evolved (a few days on) to just a surging feeling in the chest and more postural hypotension.  Also feeling out of breath and weary.  All these point to the heart but heart tests normal a few years back and I was told all these weird things are probably hormonal.  I know all these feelings do go away and return at certain points in the cycle, and that's the only reassurance. 

What I had when I first posted was more like a fairy fluttering around in my chest, but it was not a heart flutter as my heart was beating normally all those times.  So I guess it was an adrenaline surge.  And I think it may have heralded ovulation, which I think still happens at times  ;D

jaypo

« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2022, 08:06:22 AM »

Panic attacks are yet another symptom of meno, I used to be able to almost make myself pass out with sheer anxiety,still happens even now, I can wake from sleep and think....this is it,I'm going to die in bed,it would be funny if it wasn't so scary. I too have low BP always have had but these panicky feelings are so different.
Will you go back to your GP?

KaraShannon

« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2022, 10:33:28 PM »

Jaypo, I have ptsd diagnosed so I can easily fly into a panic about something.  This is definitely a physical thing first though, but then I panic about it.  I think that will continue until I know what's going on.  Once I know I will stop.  I know I felt really well on the progesterone phase for a while and this just wouldn't have happened.  It's accompanied by a feeling like my heart can't keep up.  Like just now I got out of the chair, walked into the kitchen and aware my heart was a little put out by it all.  They say that's orthostatic hypotension.  The fact that all this improves at other times of the cycle is what gives me hope, because it does disappear completely and I can be the exact opposite, bounding around with energy.  It doesn't last long enough though.