Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7

Author Topic: Autumn Covid Booster Side Effects….  (Read 11307 times)

Tinkerbell

Re: Autumn Covid Booster Side Effects….
« Reply #15 on: October 17, 2022, 04:33:28 PM »

My sister had the booster recently and felt pretty rough with it, as had several of her work colleagues. Her symptoms didn't last that long though.
My teen daughter has decided she is going to chance it and not have the booster she has been offered. She was really bad after third one.

JoJo42

« Reply #16 on: October 17, 2022, 04:41:09 PM »

Thanks for your reply Tinkerbell. I think I would probably chance not having it if my husband didn’t have diabetes and copd. I’ll just have to have it and hope side effects are not too bad and/don’t last too long. I have a friend who has not had any side effects at all from any of the vaccines or boosters … as she loves to keep telling me and rubbing it in. I definitely understand where your daughter is coming from - a bad experience with it definitely sticks in the memory.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #17 on: October 17, 2022, 05:56:34 PM »

Is it better to be poorly after boosters or not  :-\

Gnatty

« Reply #18 on: October 17, 2022, 06:35:17 PM »

Good point!! It could be better to have a reaction...

Katejo

« Reply #19 on: October 17, 2022, 09:55:33 PM »

My sister had the booster recently and felt pretty rough with it, as had several of her work colleagues. Her symptoms didn't last that long though.
My teen daughter has decided she is going to chance it and not have the booster she has been offered. She was really bad after third one.
I felt rough for 24 hrs with body/muscle aches but it was bearable would rather have that than actual Covid.

Dierdre

« Reply #20 on: October 17, 2022, 10:16:22 PM »

I was more ill after the Pfizer booster last time than having covid. Thought it was just Moderna doing the 4th boosters but obviously not. Not sure what I'm going to do now, it shouldn't be this hard a decision that we are scared to have a vaccine. It's not even been 9 month since I had the last one.  Where's the data all these boosters so close together are safe?

sammy828

« Reply #21 on: October 18, 2022, 12:18:52 AM »

I did the Pfizer bivalent in late September.  It hurt my arm more than the other Pfizer shots I had.  The pain in the arm lasted longer too.  I had headache and fatigue and did feel warm though not enuf for fever.  It took awhile, quite awhile, for my arm to stop hurting but now I’m fine.  The Moderna is an even higher dosage than the Pfizer.

JoJo42

« Reply #22 on: October 18, 2022, 06:15:21 AM »

I suppose the reaction does show that the immune system is kicking in doesn’t it. I also wondered - if my immune system goes haywire to the vaccines then how would i react to a dose of covid? Probably end up in hospital. Most of my friends don’t even give it a thought - toddle along, get jabbed, brag about having no problems, crack on.

Stella2

« Reply #23 on: October 18, 2022, 06:46:20 AM »

I just had a Pfizer booster on Saturday and had no side effect except a sore arm that's still lingering. The same was with Moderna previously. With AZ i had some symptoms of flu and tiredness for couple of days.

JoJo42

« Reply #24 on: October 18, 2022, 06:51:30 AM »

Thanks Stella2. Good to know. My worst reaction was with the AZ, so maybe this autumn booster won’t be quite as bad.

CLKD

« Reply #25 on: October 18, 2022, 09:21:02 AM »

My arm became sore by evening, hurt if I slept on that side  ::) but not enough to keep waking me.  I am aware that I've been jabbed ........ like a bruise I suppose.

JoJo42

« Reply #26 on: October 18, 2022, 09:45:51 AM »

Glad to hear things not too bad for you clkd. I met a couple in the park who are well into their eighties whi both had their booster jabs yesterday and are absolutely fine - not even a sore arm between them! Amazing. They also both had covid and few weeks ago and the man had some symptoms but the wife was positive and had no problems whatsoever. 

jillydoll

• Hiya
« Reply #27 on: October 18, 2022, 04:29:38 PM »

I had the Pfizer jab, week ago today, no real side effects at all.
OH had the Moderna booster last Thursday morning.
We went out for a meal Thursday evening, wasn’t out long, as soon as we got back he felt poorly.
He had to stay in bed for two days, slept the whole time, mostly completely out of it, I’d almost say he was on another planet,  :o dreaming out loud, talking, ect….I had to wake him to drink and to change his t.shirt, which was soaking wet from all the sweating he’d done. 3/4 times that was.
He recovered the third day, slowly.
He reacts like that to any which one he has. It’s a bloody nightmare! 🤷🏼‍♀️

JoJo42

« Reply #28 on: October 18, 2022, 04:46:08 PM »

Oof! Sounds awful, Jillydoll. I totally sympathise. That’s how I felt after the AZ with the addition of joint pains and what felt like gastroenteritis. I wonder why some people react and others don’t? I’ve resigned myself to two things: I’m having the jab. It will more than likely be ‘orrible!

CLKD

« Reply #29 on: October 18, 2022, 05:38:11 PM »

OK thus far.

jillydoll - that's awful.  Again  >:(.  He must have an over activated immune system from his original attack of Covid  :-\
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7