Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7

Author Topic: Autumn Covid Booster Side Effects….  (Read 11304 times)

JoJo42

Autumn Covid Booster Side Effects….
« on: October 17, 2022, 11:54:34 AM »

Hi All,

I’ve just booked an appt for the autumn covid booster, but now I’m getting really anxious about the side effects now as I had a bit of a rough time after the first AZ injection I had with feeling fluey, chills and muscle and joint pains and upset stomach. It all settled after a few days again. Then I had a Pfizer booster last time and had a delayed reaction at the injection site with pain and redness and an odd ****ling sensation.

I feel like I should have the booster because my husband has diabetes and COPD, (plus - I have M.E and Fibro), but I’m getting anxious about the side effects as everyone I’ve spoken to has had a bit of a rough time with the booster. It makes me consider not having the jab at all. Anyone have any thoughts/words of wisdom.

JoJo xxx

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Autumn Covid Booster Side Effects….
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2022, 11:58:35 AM »

Had our Phizer this morning - will report if there are problems. 

What's 'rough time' actually mean? 1 man's cold with be another man's 'flu  ;).  Rough to me means admission to hospital into ICU.  'flu is what it is - 5-10 days feeling aching, sweaty, shivering and really really tired. 

If you think that you will have a reaction that sends you to bed for a while, is there someone who can look after your DH?

JoJo42

« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2022, 12:08:31 PM »

Hi Clkd, yes - keep us posted please.

Rough time means spiking a really high fever in the middle of the night where my husband thought i was about to spontaneously combust, extreme chills and shivering, muscle and joint pains, diarrhoea, that omg-i’ve-been-run over-by-a-herd-of-stampeding-elephants-feeling! No hospital/ICU, thankfully! And it did all eventually subside after a few days, but i was left feeling wiped out for a couple of weeks after. I think it may have made the M.E flare up afterwards.

My husband can look after me if i’m out of action for a while! I think I just feel a bit wary of it all because I seem to have reacted to two different types now. That said - I had the normal flu jab a couple of weeks ago and was fine after that.

CLKD

« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2022, 12:20:08 PM »

It's the jab stimulating your immune system, which can be dire.  Did U report those symptoms on the Yellow Card, every report means more knowledge built around this Pandemic.  Certainly I would be loathe to go for another jab!

JoJo42

« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2022, 12:30:50 PM »

Yes, I reported the side effects. I think I’ll just have to get it done and hope for the best. I would hate to get covid and pass it on to my husband, or end up with long covid myself on top of M.E. I’m just nervous about it all. I absolutely hate shivering/fever/chills and joint pains. It knocks me flat. Just being a bit of a mard arse!  :stretcher: :lol:

Gnatty

« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2022, 12:36:13 PM »

I was a bit hot in the night and I had achy bones but only that first night. A slight headache and a bit tired the next day but otherwise nothing really to report.

JoJo42

« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2022, 12:45:15 PM »

Thanks for your reply Gnatty. That has made me feel a bit better about going. Maybe it won’t be as bad as I think. x

CLKD

« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2022, 02:35:10 PM »

Do explain if you make an appt how the jabs have affected you B4 you offer up your arm ;-)

JoJo42

« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2022, 02:39:15 PM »

Why, Clkd? What might they do?

CLKD

« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2022, 03:43:19 PM »

They may suggest a different booster if 1 is available. 

Dierdre

« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2022, 04:01:32 PM »

Had our Phizer this morning - will report if there are problems. 

What's 'rough time' actually mean? 1 man's cold with be another man's 'flu  ;).  Rough to me means admission to hospital into ICU.  'flu is what it is - 5-10 days feeling aching, sweaty, shivering and really really tired. 

If you think that you will have a reaction that sends you to bed for a while, is there someone who can look after your DH?

Im surprised youve had Pfizer CLKD, I thought the Autumn booster was now the Moderna"s new bivalent vaccine, has Pfizer developed one too?

CLKD

« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2022, 04:09:11 PM »

I've no idea.  Why R U surprised?  It is what it is . 

JoJo42

« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2022, 04:13:22 PM »

Aaahhhhh! Yes, I see. Thank you Clkd! I ‘ll mention it to them when i go. xx

littleminnie

« Reply #13 on: October 17, 2022, 04:14:56 PM »

It’s the Pfizer or the Moderna for the Autumn booster according to someone we know are doing the jabs

CLKD

« Reply #14 on: October 17, 2022, 04:20:48 PM »

tnx littleminnie
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7