Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Wrinkles  (Read 5127 times)

Berto77

Re: Wrinkles
« Reply #15 on: September 27, 2022, 05:44:32 PM »

I started HRT at 43 (just over a year ago) and felt that my skin did get much better over the past year and that I did look more like I used to. I also use Retin A and do regular dermal needling treatments (just at home as I have a derminator) and the HRT seemed to boost my results from that. I started HRT pretty early into noticing my peri sysmtoms and while I didn't go on it for the looks benefits I hope that starting that bit earlier will help preserve my skin and hair etc a bit better but who knows, I'm still relatively young at 45 or so I like to think ;)

I follow Alice Hart Davis on instagram and she has lots of good tips in treating things like sagging necks etc and she even says that HRT boosts treatment results due to its impact on collagen production. I think she advises things like HiFu, Radio Frequency and Dermal Needling for sagging bits. I have bought an at home radiofrequency device but haven't used it yet but it was pretty affordable.

I'm sure Louise Newsom says HRT makes a big difference to your looks as you get older as well and that she can tell which women use it and which don't which is a pretty big claim! I watch Melissa55 on youtube and she is in her late 60's now and looks amazing and started HRT in her early 40's after having her womb and ovaries removed. Her youthful looks get put down to her long term retin a use but I do think HRT was a factor.

@MarchLove, very interesting what you say about testosterone, I'll need to look into that!

Stella2

« Reply #16 on: September 27, 2022, 09:34:29 PM »

Interesting, I started HRT only 9 months ago at 55 so it obviously doesn't have that effect on skin. I thought I will be ok with aging and I mostly am but it was strange how suddenly the wrinkles appeared. I guess I expected them a bit later in that extent. My friends don't have that many but I am a bit thinner.

jillydoll

• Hiya
« Reply #17 on: September 28, 2022, 09:09:10 AM »

I also think it’s the shape of your face.
If you’ve a fatter face = less wrinkles.
I have a quite thin face, and I have wrinkles especially when I laugh or smile, and I always say if my cheeks were fatter, it’d puff out the wrinkles.  ;D
My problem was sunbathing years ago without sunscreen. And using sunbeds.  :-\
Being blonde, which is no excuse, I looked better with a slight tan, and it boosted my confidence.
Hindsight is a wonderful thing isn’t it.  ::)

jaypo

« Reply #18 on: September 28, 2022, 09:16:10 AM »

I like Newsom but she is a huge advocate for HRT,it may indeed help some but I've never been on it and my skin is pretty good for a 59 year old,I've been using Estée Lauder for donkeys ages and no,it doesn't make me look younger but it definitely nourishes the skin, I also think it's down to genes,if we have wrinkles or not,my mum never had any and I don't seem to either.
I'm sure YOU see your wrinkles way more than anyone else does Stella2 and tbh we should be proud of ourselves for NOT going down the whole cosmetic surgery route, I like to see a face that can move and I especially admire actresses who don't get Botox etc  :)

jaypo

« Reply #19 on: September 28, 2022, 09:18:59 AM »

Oh there is a prime example, jillydoll says she has wrinkles etc,I know this lady and we have met,I've never once noticed she has wrinkles,she is very pretty........for an old un  ;D

jillydoll

• Hiya
« Reply #20 on: September 28, 2022, 10:00:49 AM »

Why thank you Jaypo.  :oops: …your not so bad yourself don’t you know. 😃………BUT……..
I always say to my OH, how come Jaypo’s got no wrinkles? 🤷🏼‍♀️
Your skin is fab Jay, but like you’ve said, I’ve got wrinkles in exactly the same places on my face that my mom did. I thought they were cute on her, but can’t, for the life of me, think mine are cute. I absolutely HATE them!
But, I suppose, there’s more important things to worry about. Apart from a face transplant, they’re here to stay I’m afraid. 🤷🏼‍♀️
My luck, I’d end up like >🥴.        ;D

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #21 on: September 28, 2022, 11:09:45 AM »

;D

I look like my Mum when I see myself in the mirror  :-\

MayB when talking to others in the street, stand so that they are facing the sun ...... and have to squint  :whist:  It's my spider legs that would shock Paramedics  :o

jillydoll

• Hiya
« Reply #22 on: September 28, 2022, 12:13:02 PM »

Ohhh, which one, or all of them?  ;D  🕷

That’s the thing, I’m a spitting image of my mom, so I’m told. 💁🏼‍♀️
I have spider veins on my right ankle. AND the start of a varicose vein further up same leg. Other leg is free from all.
I have moms legs too.
Infact………IVE TURNED INTO MY MOM! 😱.   ;D

CLKD

« Reply #23 on: September 28, 2022, 12:40:20 PM »

My fingers and toes are hairy ......... we are a hairy family but not sure about wrinkles  :-\. bat wings but I don't look at those  ;)

jaypo

« Reply #24 on: September 28, 2022, 05:57:16 PM »

Think it's just luck of the draw,if you get them or not,no cream in the world will get rid of wrinkles,no matter what the adverts say but a good moisturiser is a must and exfoliating once a day I always swear by.
Haha I've got a few hairs on my big toes too,up me hooter,on me chin,out of me boobs,never mind wrinkles, I must look like the flippin yeti  ;D ;D

CLKD

« Reply #25 on: September 28, 2022, 06:05:14 PM »

So - Stella - U R in good company  ;)

Stella2

« Reply #26 on: September 29, 2022, 08:01:38 AM »

Yes, it's so nice to have a little chat about it  :)

jillydoll

• Hiya
« Reply #27 on: September 29, 2022, 11:45:20 AM »

Just keep up a good cleaning routine, and a good moisturiser.
Without the help of Botox and fillers, there’s not much more we can do.
I get quite self conscious about my wrinkles, but I tell myself I AM 58 this year, so what! 💁🏼‍♀️🫣
And anyway, my OH says I’m beautiful,  ;D and he’s all that matters.  :love:
xx

Stella2

« Reply #28 on: September 29, 2022, 02:38:51 PM »

That's lovely jillydoll!

jaypo

« Reply #29 on: September 29, 2022, 06:54:05 PM »

You ARE beautiful madam,just take a compliment will you  ???
Pages: 1 [2] 3