Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7

Author Topic: Covid!  (Read 10005 times)

Spangles

Covid!
« on: September 13, 2022, 08:47:43 PM »

Hi Everyone,
Well after all this time, I’ve got covid for the first time.
I tested positive on Saturday and it’s Tuesday now. I thought I felt better today so went out for a drive.
Big mistake, I feel worse than ever now. I did have the chills but I feel hot now and nauseous and I have diarrhoea! Sorry for tmi. Sore throat isn’t as bad and the headache as gone, I’m still sneezing and bunged up.
I’m amazed I’ve not had it before now, especially as I work in education! It’s starting to make my mood dip and my anxiety to rise, I’m impatient and I don’t like it. Is it normal to feel,like this?
Thank you
xXx

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Covid!
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2022, 09:25:16 PM »

Yep.  It's a virus which brings the immune system down which can cause depression and mood dips. 

Don't rush.  With most viruses one is up and down as the body rights the 'bug', recovers a little then has another go to clear the body of the intruder.  Drink plenty.  Rest.  Sleep if possible when your body needs to!

Taz2

« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2022, 11:11:53 PM »

Yes perfectly normal but not nice. I tested positive for fourteen days. Got worse after day seven and A&E on day 12 due to fast heart rate but all was ok after a check up. Rest is what you need to do at least until you are negative. Mine was the first week in July but I'm only now feeling almost better. You probably have the Omicron B4 or B5 which can cause diarrhoea though fever alone can also do this. Have you got a high temp?

Taz x

Spangles

« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2022, 05:09:03 AM »

I’ve not really had a few errands, but lots of chills. Just don’t know what I can do for the nausea and diarrhoea, I’m so tired but I can’t sleep as my anxiety is high.
I’m absolutely no good at being I’ll.
I think I’ve known so many people catch covid and be fine after a couple of days. I keep thinking, surely this can’t just be covid.

Minusminnie

« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2022, 05:54:29 AM »

I think I’ve known so many people catch covid and be fine after a couple of days. I keep thinking, surely this can’t just be covid.

I think you may find that some people who are fine after a few days with covid may have had it previously. That has been the case with my son.

We are getting over our first lot of covid at the moment.  I'm not too good at being ill either but always remember a nurse who years ago told me to listen to my body and go from there. Others have given you good advice re resting and staying hydrated etc.

We've had chills, lot of phelgm, diarrhoea as you describe.  Today ten days after testing negative i'm off to see the GP as my ears are still bunged up and crackling and one is quite sore.  I did an online form for the doctor just for some advise really and got an appointment straight away so don't be afraid to contact your GP if you feel that you need to.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2022, 05:56:20 AM by Minusminnie »

discogirl

« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2022, 08:16:46 AM »

Hi Spangles, great name by the way, I used to love spangles!!

I'm sorry to hear your feeling rubbish.

I think as other ladies have said, rest and plenty of fluids, maybe binge watch some tv series that you've been meaning to watch.

Get well soon xxx

CLKD

« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2022, 09:38:48 AM »

The nausea is awful.  Prior to a cold I feel dreadful for 48 hours  >:(

If you can sit in the sunshine for a while, you may well find something to focus on i.e. birds, insects, butterflies. 

:foryou:

Bungo

« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2022, 02:51:38 PM »

Oh and I had covid for first time . The nausea and stomach issues were the worst for us..had fever etc but the stomach was horrible. I  still have awful nausea almost 2 weeks into it. Horrible taste in mouth but no smell . Also a bit of diarrhea but it's  the mild nausea is the worst symptom still

Spangles

« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2022, 06:11:16 AM »

Hi everyone,
Thanks for your replies.
I’m still feeling rough, mainly with my stomach, still nauseous, still diarrhoea.
Some symptoms have gone, but I feel exhausted and my anxiety is still high.
I tested again and I’m still positive, it’s six days now.
Need human company, fed up of my own company now.
xXx

CLKD

« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2022, 06:29:55 AM »

Virtual company ?  Not the same but we are listening.

One can't rush a virus! 

Dotty

« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2022, 06:58:13 AM »

Hi just keep resting . I had Covid in July and although I wasn’t particularly poorly, I did feel exhausted and washed out. I tested positive for 12 days. Give yourself time to recover xxx

Ju Ju

« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2022, 06:57:48 PM »

I’ve come over to stay with my son and family. Within 2 days felt rough. Tested negative yesterday. I’m hoping it’s just a nasty cold. We’ll see in the next few days. What a way to spend a holiday. Fortunately my son and family have just recovered from Covid in time for us to come over.

Tinkerbell

« Reply #12 on: September 17, 2022, 11:36:05 AM »

My adult son tested positive this week with covid the day after getting back from his holiday. Fortunately for him he said it is just like a cold and he is working from home.
I have yet to get it, my husband and teen daughter haven't caught covid either. My youngest son had it back in March 2020, he was really sick and it took him 6 weeks to recover. I did have some mild symptoms then which may have been it though.

Hope you are feeling better soon.

C.C.

« Reply #13 on: September 17, 2022, 11:50:50 AM »

Hi Spangles, hope you start to feel better soon!  I would be happy to share too but I haven't experienced covid...yet.  At some point I know it will be my turn.

CLKD

« Reply #14 on: September 17, 2022, 12:10:23 PM »

Any improvement Ju Ju?

Hopefully Spangles rest and hydration will help. 
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7