Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Sandrena gel  (Read 911 times)

ange63

Sandrena gel
« on: August 31, 2022, 08:31:28 AM »

Hi , wondered how anyone is doing on Sandrena gel.   I started on low 0.5 just 3 days ago.    But got few things going at the minute with dry eyes and sinusitis so not sure what is causing what..    Anyone had any side effects with Sandrena?    thank you.

Hurdity

Re: Sandrena gel
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2022, 08:13:08 AM »

Now there are 3 main menopause boards - it takes a while to get down to the personal experiences board so posts may get missed more. I rarely look at it these days - no time!

Usually it is advised to wait a few weeks - 3 months ideally, to determine whether an particular HRT is suitable so I would give it a while yet - depending on whether you've been on HRT before. I tried Andrena for a while but didn;t get on with it - not sue to sdie effects but because my flushes returned. I had used patches happily for years but because of the endorsement of using gel on here I thought I would try it. In my case - there was no point in trying to tweak it until I got it right because I could end up messing with my whole HRT regime - so a classic example of "if it isn't broke, don't fix it"!). I returned to patches and all returned to normal!

Also that is quite a low dose so eventually you may want to increase, depending on your circumstances and menopausal stage.

I hope it settles for you soon.

Hurdity x

ange63

Re: Sandrena gel
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2022, 10:29:00 AM »

Thank you Hurdity,  I seem to react to HRT quickly - even Vagifem which I absorb so only use once a week.....its a minefiled and take on board your comment about giving it time but haven't been able to cope with the side effects so far.....   was so hoping the gel would be better...    will give it another go and see.....