Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 122

Author Topic: What have you done/doing today  (Read 177044 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: What have you done/doing today
« Reply #60 on: September 02, 2022, 01:48:12 PM »

Hi ya all.

If the pup has hip problems, mayB ask the Breeder for her scores.  Most good breeders will have the dam and sire hip scored B4 putting them together.  It's early for her to have pain, although they don't limit their exercise: perhaps short lead walks for 7 days?  Tylenol - was she sonked after?

Songbird - you get that assistance sorted because the more you do for your Mum, the more the NHS and Social Services will let you!  Carers save the NHS £Billions annually.  Was your Mum sent home the same day  :o.  Of course, years ago District were arranged B4 discharge!

jaypo - that's the photo then  ;D.  A mop ....... with sparkly eyes  :-*

Me - not a lot.  MotoGP on TV all weekend  8)

Songbird

« Reply #61 on: September 02, 2022, 01:53:50 PM »

Oh thanks Jilly and CLKD. I've had to jump through so many hoops to get a blue badge and now to get this short term personal care. It's abysmal it really is  :(

CLKD

« Reply #62 on: September 02, 2022, 02:07:26 PM »

There's no improvement since the early 2000s.  My Dad didn't see the same 'carer' in the 7 days he was at home in 2006.  When Covid hit, the government obviously had no idea about how the care system fails to operate .......... families pick up the pieces due to necessity so for MPs, it's out of sight .........  >:(

Pity that Extinction Rebellion don't put their energies into the care system instead of glueing themselves to the Speaker's Chair - so much for our security for which we pay!

jaypo

« Reply #63 on: September 02, 2022, 02:14:57 PM »

I agree,don't beat yourself up songbird,you're a good daughter,we can only do what we can do 💗

getting_old

« Reply #64 on: September 02, 2022, 03:51:53 PM »

You've done the right thing Songbird so don't feel guilty. It's much better to get professional help with medical stuff so they can monitor for side effects etc.

C.C.

« Reply #65 on: September 02, 2022, 05:59:03 PM »

Hi ya all.

If the pup has hip problems, mayB ask the Breeder for her scores.  Most good breeders will have the dam and sire hip scored B4 putting them together.  It's early for her to have pain, although they don't limit their exercise: perhaps short lead walks for 7 days?  Tylenol - was she sonked after?

Songbird - you get that assistance sorted because the more you do for your Mum, the more the NHS and Social Services will let you!  Carers save the NHS £Billions annually.  Was your Mum sent home the same day  :o.  Of course, years ago District were arranged B4 discharge!

jaypo - that's the photo then  ;D.  A mop ....... with sparkly eyes  :-*

Me - not a lot.  MotoGP on TV all weekend  8)

No the sore hip was from where the vet did the injections. She's feeling like a normal crazy puppy today.  She slept soundly after the doggy Tylenol.  I took a stool sample in and today I found out she has a Giardia infection this time. So dh is picking up her meds on his way home- de-wormer, Metronidazole and a probiotic.  The vet will give her Metacam for her next Lepto booster.

Finished set up at work for the first day of school on Tuesday.  Glad it's Friday and a long weekend. What a crazy week... :-\
« Last Edit: September 02, 2022, 06:20:25 PM by C.C. »

CLKD

« Reply #66 on: September 02, 2022, 07:03:26 PM »

My cocker was prescribed Metacam every day on her food at the age of 10.  She did well on it.  Trouble is, dogs will over do 'it' then look sad when it hurts  ::). Cats are much more sensible  ;D

Watched  💯 🏏 then la Veulta a Espania now Pam Ayres in the Cotswolds.  Then it's feed the 🦔 s and my bath.  C U in the morning.

Songbird

« Reply #67 on: September 02, 2022, 09:07:50 PM »

Thanks dear ladies. I think I’m doing ok actually  ;)…….

I was back up at the gynaecology ward yet again this evening as mum was still not right. Guess what? They decided to check mum’s urine and she has a horrendous UTI. Wish they had checked yesterday when we were there!. Another 4 hours spent today sitting around waiting for them to work it out!
The worst of it is……she was given a box of amoxicillin- she is literally just off the phone - the bleeding box was empty!!
I’ve to go back tomorrow when I might be lucky enough to get some ABs for her. Honestly you couldn’t make it up!   >:(

jaypo

« Reply #68 on: September 03, 2022, 07:57:01 AM »

Blimey,how did they manage that songbird?  >:( Poor thing,hope she feels better soon,once she ACTUALLY GETS he ABs

CLKD

« Reply #69 on: September 03, 2022, 09:01:11 AM »

Do U mean that your Mum was sent home ..........   anyway, I would ring your local pharmacy and ask for AB cover and pain relief for your Mum?  They can if necessary check with the Hospital.  I wonder who signed the box !!!!!

Wouldn't you think that a urine sample would be checked anyway?  Hopefully you can 'sort this'  ::).  However, if they did a dip stick it might be VA?

I've lost a tooth  :o  :o cleaning with Tipees and round one there was a lot of blood then pop   :o  :o probably a crown as there is no pain. 

Laundry etc. sorted. 

jillydoll

• Hiya
« Reply #70 on: September 03, 2022, 09:16:39 AM »

What a shame for your mom Songbird. Nope, you couldn’t write it, you just wouldn’t think of it! 🤨
Hope she’s feeling better soon.  x

Clkd, omg, I had a tooth extracted a few months back, (I had an abscess) big one from the back, made worse because I have a fear of dentists. It was brutal! Hope I don’t go through that again for a while.
Get that crown sorted, NOWAY do you want it getting infected, worst pain I’ve ever felt, I’d rather give birth again than go through that I can tell ya.  :'(

Songbird

« Reply #71 on: September 03, 2022, 11:04:27 AM »

What a carry on ladies. Mum says she opened the box and all 21 pills were missing from the silver sleeve inside (all pressed out!) I have the offending article. Hospital reckons she either swallowed all 21 or she threw them in the bin. Mum is horrified at the suggestion. Checked all the bins - nope. Of course it couldn't be the hospitals fault!!! God forbid. Mum is ulcerated inside due to length of time pessary has been in, she has a painful uti and she's being blamed for missing pills. Furious! Sorry ladies..

Anyways……..currently making my yummy Tuscan chicken for tonight  ;)
« Last Edit: September 03, 2022, 11:27:02 AM by Songbird »

CLKD

« Reply #72 on: September 03, 2022, 12:12:09 PM »

That needs a letter to the CEO of the Hospital.  Keep the packet and take it directly to the Pharmacy to see who 'signed' it out?  Not Good Enough, I am tamping !!!!

Why would any1 swallow that many tablets  :-\ ........ this stinks of medical negligence!

Not a lot.  MotoGP on TV followed by 💯 🏏

jaypo

« Reply #73 on: September 03, 2022, 03:59:29 PM »

OMG songbird THAT is unacceptable, I somehow think if she'd taken them all there would be repercussions?

Songbird

« Reply #74 on: September 03, 2022, 07:25:26 PM »

I've been such a supporter of the NHS but this has shaken me (and mum). Luckily district nurses are attending her nightly for 3 weeks to get her back on track but the hospital staff don't half close ranks when required....
And when the senior nurse said, and I quote, "is your mum compos mentis? " my menopausal brain felt like headbutting her!! >:( And that is not me, believe me!
Hey ho. Onwards ladies  :bang:
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 122