Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: I feel lousy after estraderm increase  (Read 611 times)

Crow Lady

I feel lousy after estraderm increase
« on: August 06, 2022, 05:26:25 PM »

It's now nearly 4 months since I started HRT. Started on estraderm 50 patches and utrogestan. Didn't feel much differently after 3 months so doc upped my dosage of estraderm to 75. I don't know if it's coincidence but I have felt awful since then. Heavy, achey, even more knackered than I was. My chest feels weird too, maybe a little like what heartburn is supposed to be like. Doc tested my testosterone levels and it's undetectable so 2 days ago I started testegel. He said I shouldn't be feeling ill from the 50 to 75 increase and asked if I wanted to drop back down to 50. But 50 wasn't doing anything. I feel like crap. Is this normal? I know everyone is different and it can take a lot of trial and error to get the meds right. But I feel worse than before I started HRT.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: I feel lousy after estraderm increase
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2022, 07:18:47 PM »

It's usual for a large hike in dose to cause side effects. Shows how much GPs still don't know!  The body doesn't get where it is suddenly unless there is surgical intervention.  So stands to reason that a sudden alteration in dosage might well throw symptoms out of kilter  :-\

R U able to cut the patches at all?  Or perhaps drop back to 50 for a couple of nights to see how you feel?  MayB adding a 75 occasionally to even out the extra addition?  It can be Trial and Error. 

Your GP prescribed Testegel? 

Hopefully someone will be along who takes a similar regime.  Let us know how you get on.   :foryou:

Amazing grace

Re: I feel lousy after estraderm increase
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2022, 07:42:51 PM »

Hi crow lady, it can be completely normal to feel worse with an increase, I've had similar symptoms to you when I've increased try and stick with it while your body adjusts to the higher dose, I'm currently suffering the same thing as I've had to increase again from 3 to 4 pumps of estrogel and I feel tired, achey and have indegestion type symptoms it will settle if you can tolerate the higher dose, no point going back to 50 if it wasn't doing anything, I don't know about testegel but others may know if it's side effects from that, hope it settles for you x