Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Psychological symptoms in menopause  (Read 1494 times)

Kathleen

Re: Psychological symptoms in menopause
« Reply #15 on: August 08, 2022, 10:31:59 AM »

Hello again ladies.

My anxiety and other mood changes such as low mood and tearfulness always seem to come out of nowhere.
This morning I  feel very tearful but honestly don't know why.  I have been post meno since 2011 and in the early days I was quite calm about all the changes because I knew them to be hormonal and I assumed that they would resolve fairly quickly. These days I worry that I will never regain my sanity lol.

Take care ladies.

K.

2cats

« Reply #16 on: August 10, 2022, 09:01:04 AM »

Yep. For me, anxiety has been a part of my life for as long as I can remember (to varying degrees depending on what was happening at any particular time).  Years before menopause the odd course of ADs when it was bad sorted the problem out.
Peri and post menopause, for me, saw a real uptick in anxiety. Eventually I relented and started HRT a few months ago and can’t believe that the anxiety is gone and have no palpitations now (thank goodness!)
Everyone is different though  ::)
Hi songbird, how long did it take for the anxiety to go? My hrt patches were not working as levels of oestradiol were 81 when tested but now they’re up to 587 since adding in gel but if anything, my anxiety is worse! I’m 10 weeks in on 1 pump and 8 weeks in since I upped to 2 pumps (I also still use oestrodot 100mcg). I’m so pleased for you that your anxiety has stopped as from previous experience I know what a blessed relief it is. 👍🏽

Pippa52

« Reply #17 on: August 10, 2022, 10:18:50 AM »

Hi everyone I’m reading your posts with great interest. I am really suffering with incredibly acute anxiety/panic and  adrenaline rush feelings fast heartbeats etc Anxiety/panic feelings  seem to be pretty much constant today. I’ve been referred to see a cardiologist as my blood pressure shoots up during the episodes. I’m so fed up with it all I can be fast asleep  and I’ve been woken up with a bang feeling completely panicky for no reason at night time any twice in the night last night. It’s incredibly hard to deal with I’m just hoping the consultant can suggest something tonight. I have been all over the shop with four different HRT types over the last three months due to the shortages but I’m now back on my original oestrogen that I was on for 20 years originally but even that doesn’t seem to be calming things down  early days I guess.  Xx

sheila99

« Reply #18 on: August 10, 2022, 11:37:09 AM »

Anxiety can be a symptom if too much oestrogen as well as too little. 2cats if you're on 100 patch plus 2 pumps gel it's a high dose and perhaps too much.
Pages: 1 [2]