Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 75 out now. (Spring issue, March 2024)

media

Author Topic: Oestrogel 160g how many bottles for 3-4 pumps over 3 months?  (Read 708 times)

Starshell

Hi everyone
Me again.
I have recently increased from 2 pumps Oestrogel to 3 and feel loads better, my anxiety has decreased and I feel more positive
So when I got my first prescription of Oestrogel and progesterone tablets 10 weeks ago Dr gave me 2 bottles gel and for 3 packs tablets (100mg continuously)
I worked out as I have upped to 3 pumps a day I need 5x 160g bottles for a 3 month supply, is this right?
I asked for this and prescription was issued but I picked it up today and only 3 bottles have been authorised along with 3 packs tablets
I have questioned this and was told I could ask for the other 2 bottles but would have to pay again! I already paid the 2 prescription charges 😞
 Pharmacist and GP receptionist were helpful and totally understood what I meant so hoping my prescription will be changed so I can get the 5 bottles next time and that I don’t run out too early 😳
Just wanted to check my calculations are correct?

Gnatty

Re: Oestrogel 160g how many bottles for 3-4 pumps over 3 months?
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2022, 05:12:11 PM »

Yes indeed, if you were taking four pumps a day you would need two bottles per month roughly so 6 every three months.

Starshell

Re: Oestrogel 160g how many bottles for 3-4 pumps over 3 months?
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2022, 05:21:41 PM »

Thanks Gnatty, I thought the Dr would have known this 😞 I hope I don’t run out
I will have to request and pay for more if I do
Thanks again