Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Sensitive skin  (Read 1173 times)

Dane34

Sensitive skin
« on: August 05, 2022, 11:08:27 PM »

Hi ladies

I’m post menopause 10 yrs, No HRT just vegifem in the last 6 mths

So now to my question
Do any of you ladies get especially pm with me, where my skin feel hot(like my bloods gone hot) yet to touch it’s doesn’t feel extremely hot ? It’s a weird one, but I get it most nights and I’ll end up with marks on thighs from my knees up and my arms & chest.
If it starts whilst I’m still downstairs I know I’m in for a bed night. Which it as tonight😡 I’m lay here naked no duvet on to try and get cold, it worse if say I put my legs or arms near each other it get more overheated and can’t stand hubby even arm or leg near me
It’s not a hot flush
I’ve tried every kind of moisture creams,dry oils, from cheaper end to expensive £25+ even in shower oils
I don’t particularly have over dry skin, so it’s not a dry skin problem

I’ve been to gp she just looked at me and said Umm try a moisturiser even though I’d told her I’d tried numerous. Loosing battle

Anyone else with similar or an answer what it might be, I’m desperate

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Sensitive skin
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2022, 07:28:34 AM »

Morning.

It may be a form of flushing.  4 me I had cold flushes down my shoulders to my waist when I took 'tamoxifen'  >:( and in the early days of peri., after my evening bath, the same area would glow and feel wet. 

This can happen still in hot weather if I've had a hot drink. 

Minusminnie

« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2022, 08:09:32 AM »

Hi ladies

I’m post menopause 10 yrs, No HRT just vegifem in the last 6 mths

So now to my question
Do any of you ladies get especially pm with me, where my skin feel hot(like my bloods gone hot) yet to touch it’s doesn’t feel extremely hot ? It’s a weird one, but I get it most nights and I’ll end up with marks on thighs from my knees up and my arms & chest.
If it starts whilst I’m still downstairs I know I’m in for a bed night. Which it as tonight😡 I’m lay here naked no duvet on to try and get cold, it worse if say I put my legs or arms near each other it get more overheated and can’t stand hubby even arm or leg near me
It’s not a hot flush
I’ve tried every kind of moisture creams,dry oils, from cheaper end to expensive £25+ even in shower oils
I don’t particularly have over dry skin, so it’s not a dry skin problem

I’ve been to gp she just looked at me and said Umm try a moisturiser even though I’d told her I’d tried numerous. Loosing battle

Anyone else with similar or an answer what it might be, I’m desperate

If you are using the Vagifem at night which is when you notice the hotness do you think that you might be skin sensitive to the Vagifem ?  Redness of skin is listed in side effects.  Not to cause you any alarm but just wondered if your GP has considered that ?

https://www.medicines.org.uk/emc/product/5719/pil#gref

Dane34

« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2022, 08:28:52 AM »

Thank you

Last night it took an hour for me to feel comfortable again to put the quilt back on me and go to sleep.

I just remembered this also happens when I’ve had a shower in the morning too. I have to make sure I’ve dried myself well, but I still get irritable spots on arms & legs where I HAVE to scratch/hold it and it’s really bad I have to take antihistamine

It’s not vegifem because I haven’t inserted by then, it’s starts downstairs around 8/9 pm I know when it’s going to be a bad night. I get hot spots on my arms & legs. I know then I’m in for a bad night

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2022, 08:32:24 AM »

Consider a reaction if you are taking any other medication.

Minusminnie

« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2022, 06:08:08 AM »

Do you think it might be something like this ? https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/erythromelalgia/

It mentions raised body temperature which would happen after a hot shower.
It also mentions alcohol & spicy food have you had anything like that before 8/9pm some nights or some sort of other trigger ?