Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7

Author Topic: Burning pain constantly vaginal atrophy??  (Read 16171 times)

Ayesha

Re: Burning pain constantly vaginal atrophy??
« Reply #30 on: August 06, 2022, 11:25:43 AM »

Yes, I use it locally alongside the Vagifem pessary and moisturiser. I have to use the treatment every day some women get away with twice a week but we are all different.
Takes a while to work and a lot of patience needed.

Ruth Emery

« Reply #31 on: August 06, 2022, 12:14:25 PM »

Yes, I use it locally alongside the Vagifem pessary and moisturiser. I have to use the treatment every day some women get away with twice a week but we are all different.

Many thanks.. it seems to be a minefield with all the different names of drugs etc 😳
Everything seems to be a waiting game in regards to all of this!

Flossieteacake

« Reply #32 on: August 06, 2022, 12:18:53 PM »

Many thanks.. it seems to be a minefield with all the different names of drugs etc 😳
Everything seems to be a waiting game in regards to all of this!

It can be over whelming but it is all new to you so give yourself time.

Ruth Emery

« Reply #33 on: August 06, 2022, 04:54:55 PM »

Can anyone tell me whether alcohol makes VA worse? Was going to have a drink tonight but I certainly don't want to make anything worse!!??

Ruth Emery

« Reply #34 on: August 06, 2022, 04:57:39 PM »

Hi Ruth. Welcome. Have you had your urine tested for any infection? As we get older there is often no cystitis type pain but the discomfort you mention, especially the urgency, is common.

Taz x  :welcomemm:
Sorry Taz I didn't see ur post! Don't know how!?
Previously I have had it tested and it hasn't come back as any UTI I haven't had it done this time as I'm guessing that it's not!  😊🤔 I am seeing a doctor on Monday so maybe she will test me just to be on the safe side 👍🏻

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #35 on: August 06, 2022, 05:13:41 PM »

the sample has to go to a Lab for growing

Avoid alcohol until you get the VA under control ;-)

Taz2

« Reply #36 on: August 06, 2022, 06:11:42 PM »

I didn't know this was something I had to do? Whoops! It's a bit late now as I continued my nightly wine while getting things under control. Doesn't say that on the vagifem instructions or maybe I skipped over that part  ;D

Joaniepat

« Reply #37 on: August 06, 2022, 06:24:00 PM »

I didn't know this was something I had to do? Whoops! It's a bit late now as I continued my nightly wine while getting things under control. Doesn't say that on the vagifem instructions or maybe I skipped over that part  ;D
You and me both, Taz  ;D
JP x

AlfieBo

« Reply #38 on: August 06, 2022, 08:32:32 PM »

Hi I've only been using estriol o. O1% since Wednesday. I've stopped the sylk for now. I got some e45 shower gel some more evening primrose oil and holland and b suggested omega 7 so I've started those tonight I put some of the  estoril cream around outside of vagina. Put vaseline around applicator tonight. Still stinging but not as much - feeling of needing to wee not as strong today.

Ayesha

« Reply #39 on: August 06, 2022, 09:40:42 PM »

A good sign the treatments are beginning to take affect for you, fingers crossed!  :)

Flossieteacake

« Reply #40 on: August 07, 2022, 06:59:37 AM »

Hi I've only been using estriol o. O1% since Wednesday. I've stopped the sylk for now. I got some e45 shower gel some more evening primrose oil and holland and b suggested omega 7 so I've started those tonight I put some of the  estoril cream around outside of vagina. Put vaseline around applicator tonight. Still stinging but not as much - feeling of needing to wee not as strong today.

It is wonderful to hear you are already seeing signs of improvement. :)

Nas

« Reply #41 on: August 07, 2022, 08:55:11 AM »

VA is the pits.
Hope you get sorted soon.
Keep with the vagifem/ moisturizer etc. daily ( very important).
Ovestin is good stuff I think.
Sea buckthorn too I’ve heard, can help with dryness.

Anyone used blissel gel or cream ?

:)

joziel

« Reply #42 on: August 07, 2022, 09:52:40 AM »

Blissel is just a weaker version of Ovestin - so you probably get through more of it. But Ovestin is hard to get hold of at the moment for some reason...

I'm having a flare up too at the moment. I think because I've reduced my systemic estrogen down to 25mcg patch a week ago - and my vagina doesn't like this (even if the rest of me likes it better)  ;D

I get this glue-like discharge, yellow-y. It's gross. I had it before I started any HRT (including local estrogen) back in March. I was tested for thrush and BV twice - negative - and I actually treated for thrush with Caneston twice before those tests anyways. My GP said to do a trial of local estrogen and, if that gets rid of it, we can conclude it was atrophic vaginitis. After 3 weeks on the loading dose of every night, it did pretty much get rid of it. I occasionally had a tiny bit of stringy stuff (the glue like stuff but just a bit!) but that was all - no stinging or burning or large glue blobs. Then I was okay on 2x weekly - until I reduced my systemic estrogen last week....

Now the glue stuff is back again  :'(  And the stinging and burning in the vulva. I feel like it's the discharge itself which stings, like it's really acidic.

So I'm back to using Vagifem every night and Ovestin 2x a day. I am going to run out of Vagifem because I've only been given it to use 2x weekly, so I'm going to attempt to request it every day.

I am a bit worried about other things this glue like stuff could be, because none of the other vaginitis-es sound very easy to treat and get rid of - or even to diagnose. And I don't want GPs to just throw antibiotics and steroids at me because that could just mess up the microbiome even more. So I am just hoping that smothering estrogen everywhere down there is going to fix it(!). It appeared to, last time...

Has anyone tried an e-string? I am thinking this would be a better way to have permanent estrogen delivered down there rather than Vagifem every night - just put it in for 3 months....

Flossieteacake

« Reply #43 on: August 07, 2022, 10:01:24 AM »

Blissel is just a weaker version of Ovestin - so you probably get through more of it. But Ovestin is hard to get hold of at the moment for some reason...

I'm having a flare up too at the moment. I think because I've reduced my systemic estrogen down to 25mcg patch a week ago - and my vagina doesn't like this (even if the rest of me likes it better)  ;D

I get this glue-like discharge, yellow-y. It's gross. I had it before I started any HRT (including local estrogen) back in March. I was tested for thrush and BV twice - negative - and I actually treated for thrush with Caneston twice before those tests anyways. My GP said to do a trial of local estrogen and, if that gets rid of it, we can conclude it was atrophic vaginitis. After 3 weeks on the loading dose of every night, it did pretty much get rid of it. I occasionally had a tiny bit of stringy stuff (the glue like stuff but just a bit!) but that was all - no stinging or burning or large glue blobs. Then I was okay on 2x weekly - until I reduced my systemic estrogen last week....

Now the glue stuff is back again  :'(  And the stinging and burning in the vulva. I feel like it's the discharge itself which stings, like it's really acidic.

So I'm back to using Vagifem every night and Ovestin 2x a day. I am going to run out of Vagifem because I've only been given it to use 2x weekly, so I'm going to attempt to request it every day.

I am a bit worried about other things this glue like stuff could be, because none of the other vaginitis-es sound very easy to treat and get rid of - or even to diagnose. And I don't want GPs to just throw antibiotics and steroids at me because that could just mess up the microbiome even more. So I am just hoping that smothering estrogen everywhere down there is going to fix it(!). It appeared to, last time...

Has anyone tried an e-string? I am thinking this would be a better way to have permanent estrogen delivered down there rather than Vagifem every night - just put it in for 3 months....

I am sorry to hear this. I really hope the DR gives you enough vagifem to use it daily. It is frustrating when they are so reluctant to do this and go by the leaflet guide. Would it help to ask to see a gyno about the discharge? It is horrible it causes you pain.

Tora

« Reply #44 on: August 07, 2022, 10:06:59 AM »

I’m interested in e-string too but not sure I’ve got VA now as I seem to only get sore when wearing a certain type of sportswear.
I hope you get your GP to prescribe more Vagifem asap.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7