Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Shaving /soap  (Read 3959 times)

Ayesha

Re: Shaving /soap
« Reply #30 on: August 06, 2022, 09:37:56 PM »

If you scroll up you will see ATB in black letters and Guest underneath, that means she has left the group.

Weeloz

« Reply #31 on: August 06, 2022, 09:57:28 PM »

Thank you . It's as Shame and has left as there is a lot of good info here too

ElkWarning

« Reply #32 on: August 07, 2022, 10:22:02 AM »

Sorry, don't mean to hijack your thread, Weeloz, but yeah, I think it's appalling that someone should be made to feel so uncomfortable.  She was a real asset to this community.  I've also experienced similar, and basically not logged on for ages because I couldn't face any more of the 'needling'.  It's worrying when people seem to think they have free reign to express their opinions (which are often factually incorrect) no matter what the consequences for others.

joziel

« Reply #33 on: August 07, 2022, 11:36:59 AM »

I agree, I'll miss ATB. I hope she comes back again. Unfortunately, a few of us have felt that 'someone' is reporting our posts to admin. Whether because we've accidentally mentioned products we like and given others links to them (no commercial advertising allowed, even if we are not selling the thing - but you're not told about that when you join - and clearly we are not peddling miracle menopause cures here) and there was also the 'don't give medical advice' post a while back. Which is basically what the forum is about. It starts to feel like someone is taking pleasure in targeting a few people.

It does get to the point whereby it's just not worth how bad it makes you feel and leaving seems the better option. Just saying that, because it's passed my mind too...

Flossieteacake

« Reply #34 on: August 07, 2022, 11:38:42 AM »

I agree, I'll miss ATB. I hope she comes back again. Unfortunately, a few of us have felt that 'someone' is reporting our posts to admin. Whether because we've accidentally mentioned products we like and given others links to them (no commercial advertising allowed, even if we are not selling the thing - but you're not told about that when you join - and clearly we are not peddling miracle menopause cures here) and there was also the 'don't give medical advice' post a while back. Which is basically what the forum is about. It starts to feel like someone is taking pleasure in targeting a few people.

It does get to the point whereby it's just not worth how bad it makes you feel and leaving seems the better option. Just saying that, because it's passed my mind too...

I had no idea of this rule. I often mention products my name. Oops.

Tora

« Reply #35 on: August 07, 2022, 11:47:48 AM »

I’ll miss reading ATB’s posts too. She shared a lot of good info that helped me with tests etc. I regret not thanking her.
I’m very confused about what is ok to discuss and what could look like ‘advice’ which results in me not mentioning brands/products and not posting much.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #36 on: August 07, 2022, 01:12:59 PM »

One can mention brands but not put up links I think ..... it will be in the 'rules' ;-)

Minusminnie

« Reply #37 on: August 07, 2022, 01:46:50 PM »

Just sort the wheat from the chaff & stand your ground. Too many people have left the forum over the years because they have felt 'bad' for one reason or another.   :-X 

joziel

« Reply #38 on: August 07, 2022, 03:17:34 PM »

Flossie, you can mention products. You can even tell people the exact thing to google(!), but you can't (for some reason) put links up. Really it just makes it harder for people to find something because they have to go and search for it.

Flossieteacake

« Reply #39 on: August 07, 2022, 03:26:59 PM »

Flossie, you can mention products. You can even tell people the exact thing to google(!), but you can't (for some reason) put links up. Really it just makes it harder for people to find something because they have to go and search for it.

Thank you for explaining that to me. I was not aware of this.

Ayesha

« Reply #40 on: August 07, 2022, 03:33:48 PM »

I had never heard of VA let alone the name of the treatments, Ovestin, Vagifem, Sylk, Yes. It was a whole new language to me but thanks to this forum I learned the names to do a Google search. I suppose therefore no need to include links in this case.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #41 on: August 07, 2022, 03:51:05 PM »

There is a dedicated 'bladder issues' thread and several regarding vaginal atrophy: I don't think many of us were aware of how devastating these conditions can be!

ElkWarning

« Reply #42 on: August 07, 2022, 06:49:27 PM »

Please don't leave J. I really appreciate your posts.

In other news, W, I do actually wash my floof using soap (unperfumed) and I also use wipes. I just don't feel clean otherwise, but I grew up in households with bidets. I'm hoping to have one in my new bathroom. When I got married, I was given the unedifying advice to always wash or else I'd smell like (quoting my sister) 'gone off beef gravy'. I've never been able to get past that. I just need to feel comfortable and confident. I don't know about others, but I think I'm over sensitised to my own smell.

Could trimming instead of shaving work for you?

Pennyfarthing

« Reply #43 on: August 07, 2022, 09:53:09 PM »

By coincidence I was reading this from today’s DM.  So ATB is correct!  i for one will miss her very much.

Pennyfarthing

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4