Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 75 out now. (Spring issue, March 2024)

media

Author Topic: How long vagirux  (Read 3104 times)

Weeloz

How long vagirux
« on: August 08, 2022, 06:53:27 AM »

I have just started using vagirux I am on the 8th day of the 14th . I tried having sex last night with my husband and it was excruciating like I was ripping. How long does it take to make a difference . I'm starting to think it will never work 😶😶

joziel

Re: How long vagirux
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2022, 07:11:23 AM »

You may need to keep going with it every day. Not everyone can drop back to this 2x weekly fantasy they have  ;D

You may also need some Ovestin externally 2x daily (that's an estrogen cream which can be used internally too but a lot of women use the pessaries internally and the Ovestin externally).

And in between all that, you could also benefit from some YES OB or Olive and Bee externally. Those are non-prescription and available online.

By the way, when you do put creams on, it's a good idea to use a mirror to be sure you are getting the cream everywhere that needs it. Including a big blob of it in the vestibule which is often where it hurts the most, especially during sex.

PS 8 days is pretty early to notice changes. It might be more like 2-3 months. It's not an overnight cure unfortunately, it's a bit of a slow improvement. But you should be more comfortable at least within a few weeks. Have you thought about using vaginal dilators? They enable you to experiment with what things feel like before committing to attempting sex(!). You can buy them from an online store called Stress No More (if you google that).
« Last Edit: August 08, 2022, 08:22:27 AM by joziel »

Ayesha

« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2022, 09:12:00 AM »

Weeloz we are talking weeks, months even in my case, for treatment to work. If your symptoms are that bad a daily dose of vagirux, ovestin and lots of moisturiser is what's needed.
Its all about patience I'm afraid.

jaypo

« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2022, 12:21:48 PM »

I sympathise weeloz,this is me too,I've been on vagifem then vagirux for over a year now and still have issues but do give it time like ayesha said it can be months before it starts helping,when mine gets bad I increase the dose from twice weekly to 3/4 times a week. We use durex gel,it doesn't seem to dry so quickly as others I've tried