Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Vagifem and pelvic exams  (Read 642 times)

joziel

Vagifem and pelvic exams
« on: August 08, 2022, 08:35:36 AM »

People... Is it okay to put Vagifem in the night before a pelvic exam? Will it dissolve but maybe stay in there and look like discharge? Or will it interfere with swabs taken?

My exam isn't until 4pm on Weds, so I'm thinking it will still be okay to put it in on Tues night? It won't still be there by then....?

I'm a bit reluctant not to put it in - as I'm in a bit of a flare up and just want to keep this up every night for now. (If I'd been doing it a few weeks I wouldn't mind missing a night.)

Ayesha

Re: Vagifem and pelvic exams
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2022, 09:05:27 AM »

If it was me I would miss the night before an exam, the tablet is as hard as rock and takes ages to dissolve in some women, hence the need for a bit of help from the ovestin cream on the outside.

Perhaps someone will come along with better advice who has been through it themselves  :)

Nicodemus

« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2022, 09:18:38 AM »

Could you phone the surgery and ask? I think I read somewhere that you're not meant to have Vagifem 5 days before a smear but that seems a bit extreme.

joziel

« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2022, 10:28:34 AM »

Thanks, it's not for a smear. (Because they seem to refuse to do that again if you are up to date?!)

I definitely can't miss more than one day without backsliding totally... I could skip the night before.