Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Shaving /soap  (Read 3828 times)

Weeloz

Shaving /soap
« on: August 04, 2022, 09:31:08 AM »

Hi I have been prescribed vagirux  and q.v. Moisturiser/sop replacement by my gp . She also said I was to stop using soap and toilet wipes on my vagina and stop shaving. As it makes it dryer . Has anyone else been advised this. I feel so unclean as I am used to shaving and cleaning after urinating

Flossieteacake

Re: Shaving /soap
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2022, 09:37:50 AM »

Hello Weeloz. Having pubic hair actually helps to protect the area and stop germs from entering. I used to remove the hair and found I was getting thrush. Once I stopped, the thrush reduced. I understand you can feel cleaner without the hair but hopefully in time you will get used to it. The hair really is not unhygienic. Using soap will likely cause Bacterial Vaginosis as you will be removing the good bacteria. The moisturiser the GP has given you will ensure you are fresh and clean.   :)

Ayesha

« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2022, 09:47:25 AM »

For vaginal atrophy constant washing in that area is the worst thing you can do, your doctor is right.  It’s a new way of life that we have to adapt to, unfortunately.
It’s sad but we have to learn to do things differently, another luxury taken away from us in old age!  There are high end products out there for intimate washing but they are expensive, I will settle for Aqueous Cream for washing, I’ve got used to it and it doesn’t cause me any problems and that’s my priority.

I did notice shaving caused my Atrophy to be more severe, the hair is there to protect. As life goes on you will get used to your new routine!
I treated myself to some nice body creams instead, just to smell nice and fresh but kept well away from intimate areas.

Gnatty

« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2022, 10:14:04 AM »

I thought it was only youngsters who shaved away all their public hair. I am obviously way behind the times!!

jaypo

« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2022, 10:20:19 AM »

Oh I'm with Weeloz,can't stand being all floofy down below  :o I never use soap though,always a gentle moisturising shower cream,like Simple etc

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2022, 10:55:44 AM »

Gnatty I'm with you - and ladies, in a few years the pubic hair will stop growing  :'(  :-\

joziel

« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2022, 11:15:32 AM »

You can get some toilet wipes which are 100% water. (Water Wipes?) You can probably keep using those.

And you can probably still shave but not shave everything off(!). Tidy it up a bit, without getting too close... and do it in the shower so any products are washed off immediately you use them.

Flossieteacake

« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2022, 11:15:57 AM »

Gnatty I'm with you - and ladies, in a few years the pubic hair will stop growing  :'(  :-\

Mine has stopped growing.  ;D

CLKD

« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2022, 11:20:46 AM »

Mine is sparse but I keep it neat.  The 'tuft' has to be trimmed on a regular basis  ::)

'savlon' or 'nivea' cream rubbed into the pubic hair gently stops the skin drying and becoming itchy.

jillydoll

• Hiya
« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2022, 07:32:02 PM »

I wondered why I didn’t have to shave so often anymore.
Bloody hell, I wish mine would grow a bit more tbh. Fed up of the ‘plucked chicken’ look. ☹️  ;D
As for cleaning, I use vagisil wash, and water wipes.

ATB

« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2022, 08:50:07 PM »

I have never washed my vagina! Do you mean vulva?? I don’t put soap there, ever. Am I the only one? I just don’t think that’s good for it!! It promotes things like thrush i was told. It’s also not necessary to wash after urinating.
You can use the laser method for bikini line but personally I stopped with all that in my 30’s when I realised it was simply another expense and chore marketed at women only and men who are a lot hairier don’t feel the need to!

Gnatty

« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2022, 06:37:30 AM »

Ditto, ATB!

ATB

« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2022, 06:54:19 AM »

Ok good, not just me!

jaypo

« Reply #13 on: August 05, 2022, 07:59:42 AM »

Men DO tend to get away with a lot more don't they?  ???

CLKD

« Reply #14 on: August 05, 2022, 08:33:27 AM »

I've always washed the whole area.  The vagina cleanses itself but I would never not give it a good wash and rinse.  And nope, washing the vagina does not encourage thrush.  Thrush lives in the back passage, when it's brought forwards that's when trouble begins, hence the advice to wipe backwards and not forwards.

The Indians wash after each toilet visit, they have a special wash bag for that purpose. 
Pages: [1] 2 3 4