Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Estrogen levels in blood  (Read 649 times)

Peach8

Estrogen levels in blood
« on: August 03, 2022, 06:41:15 PM »

Hi. My gp has requested a blood test to check my estrogen levels. I have just reduce my dose of sandrina and wonder if someone can please tell me how long I should wait so that the blood tests show the new lower dose rather than the higher dose? Ty

Joaniepat

Re: Estrogen levels in blood
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2022, 07:10:13 PM »

Apply the Sandrena after you've had the blood test.
JP x

joziel

« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2022, 11:24:55 PM »

Estrogen leaves the body quickly, probably just 24hrs later would be fine.

Hurdity

« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2022, 08:24:02 AM »

Hi Peach

I am wondering why your GP has requested a blood test for oestrogen, because these are pretty inaccurate if just done as a spot test (one-off)? It's best normally to go by symptoms. As well as varying with time of application of gel it may also vary depending on where on the body you apply the gel and where the blood sample is taken from.

Hurdity x

Peach8

« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2022, 07:51:35 AM »

Hi Hurdity

I've been referred to the menopause clinic and the request has come from them while I'm on the waiting list.
I started with everol sequi in October, moved to oestrogel 3 months later due to very heavy bleeding on the patch, played about with dosage for a few months then moved to sandrena due to oestrogel supply issues.
I had covid pneumonia in November which left me with terrible fatigue for 6 months and I have fibromyalgia.
The clinic feel I've had too many changes and so much going on that they want to start over, reevaluate my hrt or potentially stop it.  My head is mince, I've lost sight of which issue is causing which problem and the lack of sleep is compounding everything.
I apply the gel to my hip and, from the replies from the other ladies, I planned to not apply the gel on the day of the test until after the blood was taken.
Peach xx