Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Serenity Cream  (Read 63702 times)

Bette

Re: Serenity Cream
« Reply #30 on: March 23, 2012, 01:39:18 PM »

Thanks, Trey, saves me repeating myself!  ::) ;)
Bette x

Hurdity

« Reply #31 on: March 23, 2012, 08:45:54 PM »

Cassie - I am very curious to know where you got the idea from that it would be OK to use natural progesterone cream to oppose the oestrogen part of HRT in the oestrogel, which you said you tried to start with? Did someone suggest this to you or did you read it somewhere? Just wondering!
Hurdity x

Cassie

« Reply #32 on: March 23, 2012, 09:06:08 PM »

Neither Hurdity, I presumed that it would be in order as it was sold by my local pharmacy and touted all over the net as being the answer to what I presumed was what I was looking for, a natural form of Progesterone. I had not yet been introduced to Uterogestan as this was all at the very beginning of my adventure with HRT and Menopause and I was not lucky to have discovered a forum like this one nor to have much support from my GP so I spent a great deal of time on the internet trying to find the answers and discovered this Progesterone cream which I was using in conjunction with the Oestrogel thinking that it was opposing it as it is supposed to,  as I was not keen on the synthetic Progestegins due to the nasty side effects. This was almost 10 years ago and since then I have become a great deal more enlightened and have realised that self medicating can be to one's detriment if not done with a bit of background info or guidance! :)

Ljp

« Reply #33 on: March 27, 2012, 10:09:35 PM »

Hi all, Just want to make it clear I am using serenity cream and sage leaf capsules to help control my hot flushes and other menopausal symptoms, NOT to balance or try to balance any HRT.
I am using this to see if it is sufficient to help me through  this time in my life, but if it should prove unhelpful over time I am certainly open to discussing HRT with my GP.
I think as women we should be able to use and try what we each think might help us and if it works great if it doesn't then try something else...obviously after talking to your GP!
It is early days for me only been using the cream for 2 weeks but as I said in my earlier post, at the moment it has certainly help reduce my flushes and night sweats, and brain fog. Just wish it would help my urgency/frequency problem in the bladder department though!

Ljp

« Reply #34 on: March 29, 2012, 01:31:34 PM »

Hi Mrs P
The vagifem, does it help with other menopause symptoms too? and does it carry the same risks as tablets/patches? and do you need to take progesterone with it if you are perimenopausal?...I haven't had a period since January but I've been told that doesn't mean its the end of them yet!
Thank you

Ljp

« Reply #35 on: April 01, 2012, 03:32:12 PM »

Thank you x
 :)

Hurdity

« Reply #36 on: April 01, 2012, 05:12:17 PM »

Lisajp

The vagifem does not help with other menopause symptoms - it is not intended to as Mrs P says - it is just for the vagina and bladder issues.

You don't need to take progesterone either as a minimal amount is absorbed into the system.

It is not known to carry risks - and in fact transdermal oestrogen (patches and gels) is the least risky method of HRT - compared to tablets, as the oestrogen does not go through the digestive system or liver. There are the standard HRT warnings though on the leaflet - but if we worried about these I don't think we would even take aspirin!

I also tried other things earlier on in my menopause (peri days) - black cohosh, phytoestrogens etc - but nothing worked so here I am happy on bio-identical hormone replacement!

Hurdity x

Cassie

« Reply #37 on: April 07, 2012, 07:41:07 AM »

@ Hurdity, if you do not mind me asking what is your Bio Identical HRT combination that is working for you? I guess Uterogestan used in conjunction with? Always nice to know when something is working well for someone.

Ljp

« Reply #38 on: April 09, 2012, 01:28:36 PM »

Hi Susan,
You asked "Do you think you defiantly have VA, you would know as the main symptom is feeling like you want to pee all the time.  but it can also mean painful sex, impossible smear tests and feeling like you are on fire down below."
Not 100% sure it is VA but the symptoms indicate it could be, I have frequency issues, not like cystitis, but need to pee a lot (sometimes no sooner have I been then I need to go again, but its not all the time mostly mornings)...also I am noticing since not having had a period since January, that I just feel drier in that area generally, not itchy just less comfortable.
Also my GP prescribed me some vasicare, to help with over active bladder, and cant say it really helped a lot with the urethra disomfort on peeing, and the feeling of needing to go. Had urine tested and no cystitis.

Catherineelford

• First Flush
« Reply #39 on: August 03, 2022, 07:10:50 AM »

Gosh I ve just ordered serenity in desperate need hope it works I’ve tried everything else 🤦‍♀️

Hurdity

« Reply #40 on: August 06, 2022, 08:26:53 AM »

Hi Catherineeelford

This is a very old thread but the title caught my eye  ::)!

Unfortunately the cream is unlikely to do anything other than have a placebo effect and there is a limit to how far this will properly alleviate symptoms.

Can you tell us more about yourself - maybe in a new thread so that we can try to help?

Hurdity x
Pages: 1 2 [3]