Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Herbal remedies for low labido  (Read 4145 times)

Kathryn76

• First Flush
Herbal remedies for low labido
« on: July 28, 2022, 01:38:19 PM »

Hi,

Been in HRT for 6 month now with a slight increase after the second month, I’m now on Evorel 75 and Labido is still not in existence.

Had a call from the dr re this and having possible Testosterone but she said my surgery is not licence to use it for low Labido.

She is doing some investigation to see if I can be referred but other than than where do I go from
Here as it affect my relationship quite badly!

ATB

Re: Herbal remedies for low labido
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2022, 02:56:43 PM »

Your GP might be able to refer you to a menopause clinic which can prescribe testosterone for low libido. It does help with many other functions but only libido is considered by the NHS. I don’t know of any herbal things for libido but sex itself will increase it, as does intimacy and affection in general.

mandss

« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2022, 03:58:18 PM »

A company called health and her do a good natural remedy, worth  a look. Cannot remember what it is called. x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2022, 04:02:40 PM »

Again, a GP not knowing how to proceed, however: ones that are willing to investigate should be worth working with.

Menopause Clinics can recommend testosterone 'off licence' for symptoms, including low libedo. 

One should avoid using herbal remedies along with prescribed medications.  If herbals worked they would be offered by the NHS.  Some find benefit for a while but as their hormonal upheaval continues, any improvements may be lost.

6 months is early to note any real improvements.  You can be referred to a Clinic from the Surgery or if necessary, self referral to a private Clinic may be another option.

Some find that keeping a mood/food/symptom diary of use.  Also, penetrative sex shouldn't be affecting a relationship if 1 talks about the ins and outs (see what I did there  ::)) of arousal and ways of satisfaction ;-). 

CLKD

« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2022, 04:03:07 PM »

:vibe: ;-)

Kelrob12

« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2022, 05:52:58 PM »

Hi,

Been in HRT for 6 month now with a slight increase after the second month, I’m now on Evorel 75 and Labido is still not in existence.

Had a call from the dr re this and having possible Testosterone but she said my surgery is not licence to use it for low Labido.

She is doing some investigation to see if I can be referred but other than than where do I go from
Here as it affect my relationship quite badly!

My surgery won't prescribe testosterone either. and neither will my endocrinologist (not on the Nhs anyway, I can pay her!). Mine has changed since surgical menopause, but hasn't gone completely just changed.  I personally do think some herbal remedies can work but not necessarily for everyone so when I have used them for certain thing Is just research a lot! In fact, devils advocate, my endocrinologist thinks testosterone has a placebo effect so even in the field on the Nhs there's opposing beliefs.
x

CLKD

« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2022, 07:37:35 AM »

That's her 'you can pay me head' or 'NHS head' ? Keirobi12?  Cynic?   Moi ?

Kelrob12

« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2022, 08:33:36 AM »

That's her 'you can pay me head' or 'NHS head' ? Keirobi12?  Cynic?   Moi ?

I don’t think her belief on testosterone has a bearing on what head she uses. It’s her belief, you can tell how she speaks  about it. Now that’s not to say if she is prescribing it she doesn’t think can I get some money for it 😂.