Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Can having too much estrogen make you weepy and emotional?  (Read 3125 times)

Honeybean

Can having too much estrogen make you weepy and emotional?
« on: July 24, 2022, 08:28:11 PM »

I am feeling really emotional at the moment and seem to feel much more emotionally sensitive and weepy than normal.  I just wonder if this is normal? I was on estrogel pump and moved to estrogen patches a couple of months ago. I just wonder if the patches are too high. I’m on 100mg patches. I was on 50mg and it was not enough… I was on 3 pumps per day before…

Also my eldest son is going to uni in September and I am already feeling wobbly. Don’t get me wrong I’m super excited for him, but I am so going to miss him. I wonder all these feelings are heightened because of the estrogen? I am not normally this emotional and wobbly at all!

Just wonder if anyone else has experienced similar?

Thanks x

shoppingqueen

Re: Can having too much estrogen make you weepy and emotional?
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2022, 07:36:06 AM »

Hi Honeybeam

Yes, I do think for me that too much can cause anxiety and a feeling tearful- a bit like having a cry or sob constantly in your chest/ throat. Also, I fully sympathise with the separation anxiety with your son going to uni. My daughter moved into her own flat 18 months ago and I think it’s just hitting me now. It’s so difficult to navigate the meno, HRT and life changed that come at this stage of life- eek!
I’ve moved from 3 pumps to 100mcg patch and I’m also wondering too much or too little so have got blood results coming to tell me.
You could cut your patch by a quarter or try a 75? It seems trial and error.
But yes, I can get anxiety, emotional instability and seemingly a return of symptoms even if estro too high.
Be interested to see what other ladies say so I’m glad you posted.
SQ x

Kathleen

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2022, 09:29:30 AM »

Hello Honeybean.

I completely understand everything you say about feeling wobbly and I also recognise everything that Shoppingqueen describes.

I am post meno and in the process of reducing my Oestrogen to try and resolve my emotional symptoms. I am usually jittery and tearful in the morning and often have mood swings during the day. My NHS consultant told me that too much Oestrogen can be as problematic as too little and added that for many of his patients on HRT  'Less is More'.

I wonder if you have experienced any other symptoms of too high oestrogen? I had been suffering from heavy bleeding but that has now stopped thankfully, I also have tender breasts but that too seems to have lessened recently. I assume these improvements are due to lowering my oestrogen dose although I have slightly increased my progesterone as well.

It may be a comfort to know that many of us have the emotional symptoms of the menopause so you are not alone.

Take care and wishing you well.

K.

Perinowpost

« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2022, 11:10:49 AM »

Yes definitely Honeybean. If my oestrogen is too high I feel a little high strung. As Kathleen has said too high a dose of oestrogen can also be problematic as too low.  I find I feel best on 50 or 62.5, even 75 is too high for me. You are not alone in feeling this way xx

Pippa52

« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2022, 12:54:34 PM »

Hi Honeybean - high oestrogen definitely makes me feel very jittery and anxious.  I was swopped onto patches due to the shortages and found they gave me a real zap of oestrogen which for me was too much even though I lowered the dose.  2 weeks ago I was changed back onto Lenzetto spray and slowly but surely am beginning to feel more human again. I can relate to the 'empty nest' syndrome very well too and remember so clearly when my eldest left home for Uni the hole it left behind at the time.  Hope so much you can get your oestrogen dose sorted and start to feel better soon xxx

Honeybean

« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2022, 02:13:08 PM »

Thank you so much for your lovely replies. It’s so nice to know I am not alone. I am definitely going to try 75mg as I had found 50mg was not enough….

Thanks xx

Honeybean

« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2022, 02:18:45 PM »

Hi Honeybeam

Yes, I do think for me that too much can cause anxiety and a feeling tearful- a bit like having a cry or sob constantly in your chest/ throat. Also, I fully sympathise with the separation anxiety with your son going to uni. My daughter moved into her own flat 18 months ago and I think it’s just hitting me now. It’s so difficult to navigate the meno, HRT and life changed that come at this stage of life- eek!
I’ve moved from 3 pumps to 100mcg patch and I’m also wondering too much or too little so have got blood results coming to tell me.
You could cut your patch by a quarter or try a 75? It seems trial and error.
But yes, I can get anxiety, emotional instability and seemingly a return of symptoms even if estro too high.
Be interested to see what other ladies say so I’m glad you posted.
SQ x

Hi Shopping Queen,

Thanks for your lovely message. I am not suffering with anxiety like you, but just tearful and like you the tears are in the wings always ready to flow.
It’s nice to chat about it with ladies that understand. I have not said anything to my hubby because he won’t understand and will just think I’m even more crackers!! 🤭🤣

I will trim some of my patches and see if that helps.

Sorry to hear you’re struggling with your empty nest too. I hope it gets easier for you soon.

Take care
Xx

Honeybean

« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2022, 02:24:18 PM »

Hello Honeybean.

I completely understand everything you say about feeling wobbly and I also recognise everything that Shoppingqueen describes.

I am post meno and in the process of reducing my Oestrogen to try and resolve my emotional symptoms. I am usually jittery and tearful in the morning and often have mood swings during the day. My NHS consultant told me that too much Oestrogen can be as problematic as too little and added that for many of his patients on HRT  'Less is More'.

I wonder if you have experienced any other symptoms of too high oestrogen? I had been suffering from heavy bleeding but that has now stopped thankfully, I also have tender breasts but that too seems to have lessened recently. I assume these improvements are due to lowering my oestrogen dose although I have slightly increased my progesterone as well.

It may be a comfort to know that many of us have the emotional symptoms of the menopause so you are not alone.

Take care and wishing you well.

K.

Hi Kathleen, thanks so much for your lovely message. Sorry to hear you are suffering too. As I said to SQ I am going to try and reduce my patches and see if that helps.
I have very heavy periods like you too, I  leak after an hour, so if I can reduce that too that would be great!!

It’s nice to know I’m not alone, I hope you do get your symptoms under control. I would be interested to hear if you do.

Take care
Xx

Honeybean

« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2022, 02:26:13 PM »

Yes definitely Honeybean. If my oestrogen is too high I feel a little high strung. As Kathleen has said too high a dose of oestrogen can also be problematic as too low.  I find I feel best on 50 or 62.5, even 75 is too high for me. You are not alone in feeling this way xx

Hi there Perinowpost,

Thanks for your message. I will definitely start trimming my patches!  🤭

Take care
Xx

Honeybean

« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2022, 02:30:15 PM »

Hi Honeybean - high oestrogen definitely makes me feel very jittery and anxious.  I was swopped onto patches due to the shortages and found they gave me a real zap of oestrogen which for me was too much even though I lowered the dose.  2 weeks ago I was changed back onto Lenzetto spray and slowly but surely am beginning to feel more human again. I can relate to the 'empty nest' syndrome very well too and remember so clearly when my eldest left home for Uni the hole it left behind at the time.  Hope so much you can get your oestrogen dose sorted and start to feel better soon xxx

Hi Pippa52

Thanks for your message. Glad you are beginning to feel more human. 
I have been considering going back on the gel, but I always forget to take it. So patches kind of work better. I would like to get the weeping under though control before DS goes to Uni because if I am feeling this wobbly now, how on earth will I cope in September?!  🤣🙄

Take care xx

KarineT

« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2022, 03:50:39 PM »

I thought HRT was supposed to help with emotional issues.  I always thought oestrogen defficiency was causing emotional problems.  It doesn't make sense that something that's supposed to help can have the opposite effect.

Nas

« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2022, 03:57:00 PM »

I thought HRT was supposed to help with emotional issues.  I always thought oestrogen defficiency was causing emotional problems.  It doesn't make sense that something that's supposed to help can have the opposite effect.

It is something to do with the oestrogen receptors becoming flooded.
Too much oestroegen is counter productive I think. Hence experiencing the very symptoms you are trying to alleviate.

lilian

« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2022, 04:04:12 PM »

my period on the heavier side , but some many times test show low estrogen??

and my main symptom are out of balance,  nauseous, dizzy,  can not take any stressful situation, feel like fainting which drive me cracy
no life now