Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Womb biopsy  (Read 1923 times)

sheila99

Re: Womb biopsy
« Reply #15 on: August 04, 2022, 12:44:22 PM »

Take a heavy duty painkiller beforehand if you feel you need it. They are very used to apprehensive women and will do their best to reassure you. It's easier for them if you're relaxed, try to focus on relaxing 'down there' as you breathe out. You'll be fine.

jorainbow

« Reply #16 on: August 04, 2022, 08:27:55 PM »

If you find it really difficult you can stop and they will do it under general. I've had one under GA for lining at 16mm. Nothing sinister - simple hyperplasia no atypia though they aren't sure why! Of course at 53 I shouldn't be having periods 🙄 Hope it goes OK x

Cal67

• First Flush
« Reply #17 on: August 06, 2022, 07:41:33 AM »

I had my biopsy done yesterday and yes it was painful but thankfully quick. The doctor said the ultrasound i had previously  had shown over 20mm in parts and 6mm in the rest. It also shown a small lump. She didn't seem overly worried about that, but she might have been trying to reassure me. Now it's just the worry of waiting for the results.  :(

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #18 on: August 06, 2022, 08:36:55 AM »

A small lump could be anything and nowt. It's the way these professionals throw 'X, Y, Z' without being explicit, really annoying.   Any idea how long U will need to wait, do the results go to your GP or directly to you?

Cal67

• First Flush
« Reply #19 on: August 06, 2022, 08:47:23 AM »

They said two to three weeks for the results and the hospital will call me.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #20 on: August 06, 2022, 10:01:17 AM »

Well done on going  :medal:

joziel

« Reply #21 on: August 06, 2022, 01:12:11 PM »

It could just be a little fibroid in the lining, which is very common and wouldn't require any treatment...

Cal67

• First Flush
« Reply #22 on: August 17, 2022, 01:17:36 PM »

Well after a long and worrying wait I've had my biopsy results back. And thankfully I've had the all clear. Seems the thickening was due to the hrt. I've been advised to get a mirena coil fitted along with using gel.
Has anyone else used this combination?

sheila99

« Reply #23 on: August 17, 2022, 01:20:40 PM »

:ola:
Not used it myself but many do, it's particularly good for sorting out this type of problem.

joziel

« Reply #24 on: August 17, 2022, 01:50:25 PM »

OFten they fit the Mirena when the do the biopsy. But if you search the forum there are loads of posts about Mirenas...

Cazikins

« Reply #25 on: August 17, 2022, 02:56:30 PM »

Hi Cal that's brilliant news.
I had a hysteroscopy done on 8th July & had a fibroid removed. They said it would take 4-6 weeks for the results to come back from histology/pathology whatever one it is. After 5 weeks I telephoned to chase & was told not back yet, I telephoned yesterday & was told they have just come back but the consultant is away on holiday till Monday  :( & apparently no one else can read them so it will be over 6 weeks!
This is my 2nd hysteroscopy in 18 months.
The 1st time the gynae suggested fitting a Mirena coil but I declined as I was quite happy on my HRT (Femoston Conti Low dose) taking 1/2 tablet a day even though she said it was probably that it was causing growths.
This 2nd time they suggested it again & I declined again.
I think it is worth considering as the progesterone part of your HRT. I did have this combination when I was in my late 40's & started the menopause & it worked very well for me.

May I ask if you had your procedure done privately or on the NHS?

Cazikins x

Pages: 1 [2]