Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Evorel patches/Kliovance pills  (Read 2369 times)

Pennyfarthing

Evorel patches/Kliovance pills
« on: July 20, 2022, 04:05:58 PM »

I have been on HRT for many years.  latterly I was on low dose Kliovance pills which suited me  and then the GP put me on Evorel patches because it was difficult to source Kliovance and also she felt the patches were safer for me.

the patches are very hit and miss whether they stick on or not and After thoroughly cleaning my skin they go on fine but usually come off within a day or so. this hot weather I have been having to use surgical tape or other patches on top and even they come off.  i have persevered for months.

Spoke to the GP today and she says I must be aware of the risks if I go back on Kliovance pills, my age and also I am overweight.  She would much rather I stayed on patches.  She says the only other one that might suit me is Estradot which is much more adhesive but she cannot get it at the moment.  I have an appt to see the HRT nurse in early August and she suggests I carry on as I am now and she will pass on statistics to nurse prior to my appt.  She says the only other alternative is to come off HRT but the thought scares me!

Taz2

Re: Evorel patches/Kliovance pills
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2022, 05:29:02 PM »

That's a shame. I find Evorel stick like glue as long as I hold it in place for a while as directed. Where do you put them?

Taz x

Ecl

« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2022, 06:06:33 PM »

I also use Evorel without any issues. However is there a reason you cannot use gel?
While the risks are low for all HRT, I can understand if your doctor wants to put you on the safest form which currently appears to be transdermal oestrogen and utrogestan, especially if you anticipate being on it long term. There are different patches you could try or oestrogel or sandrena

ATB

« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2022, 06:38:16 PM »

I use evorel as well and don’t find this happens. You dry yourself and don’t touch moisturiser or anything like that before sticking it on?  Firm it down 20-30seconds with your hand? But yes you can also try gel.

Pennyfarthing

« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2022, 07:47:42 PM »

I have tried everything. Washing the area with just water, drying and applying the patch.  Cleaning the area with a surgical wipe.  My husband has taken over applying them as he cannot believe they come off again. He always ensures his hands are scrupulously clean and presses firmly.  After a few hours it’s off again! 

Usually put the patch on the front or side of my thigh.

I also bought some Transderm patches which are like a film that fits over the patch with just a small border. They worked for a while but now they don’t. Micropore tape doesn’t stay on for long either then the patch falls off.

The GP didn’t mention gel at all.

Joaniepat

« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2022, 08:01:26 PM »

Pennyfarthing, I wonder if you've got a dodgy batch of Evorel patches? I've heard of this happening occasionally with Evorel (from another group). Users have no problem normally, then they start a new prescription and they won't stick.
Have you considered using a separate progesterone (eg Utrogestan) and an oestrogen gel, spray or non-Evorel patch such as Estradot?
JP x

Flossieteacake

« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2022, 09:10:46 PM »

I am wondering if it depends on skin type because no patches will stick to my skin. I can get them to stick sometimes with Tegaderm but often they will fall off before they are due to be changed. I have found they are more likely to stick on my lower back, above the bottom.

ATB

« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2022, 09:17:51 PM »

You ladies must have beautiful silky soft skin that repels the ugly sticky patches!

Flossieteacake

« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2022, 09:22:20 PM »

You ladies must have beautiful silky soft skin that repels the ugly sticky patches!

Lol!  ;D That is a nice way of looking at it.

Taz2

« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2022, 10:40:04 PM »

I have tried everything. Washing the area with just water, drying and applying the patch.  Cleaning the area with a surgical wipe.  My husband has taken over applying them as he cannot believe they come off again. He always ensures his hands are scrupulously clean and presses firmly.  After a few hours it’s off again! 

Usually put the patch on the front or side of my thigh.

I also bought some Transderm patches which are like a film that fits over the patch with just a small border. They worked for a while but now they don’t. Micropore tape doesn’t stay on for long either then the patch falls off.

The GP didn’t mention gel at all.

I find they stick really well towards the top of my buttock. This is firmer than on my thigh. How long do you press it on for? Some find a hot blast from the hairdryer for a minute or so does the trick.

Pennyfarthing

« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2022, 12:13:06 PM »

Since I posted I found about a dozen Kliovance pills left over before they put me on the patches and have been taking those.  Feel OK.

Pennyfarthing

« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2022, 08:55:31 AM »

Appt with HRT nurse on 9 Aug by which time I will have finished the Kliovance.  I have been REALLY hot and sweaty (I know it’s been exceptionally hot but I’ve not really been in the sun) so I don’t think they work as well as the patches, when I can get the damned things to stay on!!

Flossieteacake

« Reply #12 on: July 31, 2022, 09:10:57 AM »

Appt with HRT nurse on 9 Aug by which time I will have finished the Kliovance.  I have been REALLY hot and sweaty (I know it’s been exceptionally hot but I’ve not really been in the sun) so I don’t think they work as well as the patches, when I can get the damned things to stay on!!

What a shame. I hope the nurse can come up with something that is better for you.

warwick01

« Reply #13 on: July 31, 2022, 11:29:17 AM »

Hi

Patches/gel doesn't suit everyone. Kliovance is low dose, if you are happy stick with it..... life is too short.

Wx

Pennyfarthing

« Reply #14 on: August 02, 2022, 09:14:10 AM »

Hi

Patches/gel doesn't suit everyone. Kliovance is low dose, if you are happy stick with it..... life is too short.

Wx

The GP doesn’t want me to stay on Kiovance. She says patches are much safer.
Pages: [1] 2