Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Heatwave medicine storage  (Read 1575 times)

Taz2

Heatwave medicine storage
« on: July 13, 2022, 09:39:27 AM »

I've had a notification text from our doctors surgery to remind everyone that all medications including paracetamol need to be stored at under 25 to remain potent. Important for those on heart and blood pressure pills. Recommendation is to store in the fridge. I'd already done that with my HRT but didn't even think of the other kinds!

Taz x

Flossieteacake

Re: Heatwave medicine storage
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2022, 10:21:08 AM »

Does this include HRT patches? I wonder if medication in the chemist is okay as they are on shelves. The chemists round here do not have air conditioning.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2022, 11:31:36 AM »

Diedre began a similar thread earlier ..........

Ju Ju

« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2022, 12:53:44 PM »

I checked all my meds. Some said not heat sensitive or state not to put in the fridge, apart from my inhalers, which have to be stored in the fridge anyway. DH has meds that have to be refrigerated anyway. HRT patches stated not to be refrigerated. I think it best to check storage instructions.

Lyncola

« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2022, 05:51:34 AM »

Hi Taz2,
I live in Queensland Australia, and have never ever put medication like Panadol in the fridge. As you can imagine most of the year is above 25 degrees and we have high humidity too.
I don’t understand UK doctors scaring their patients about there medication not working.
I hate to think how hot my medication can get as I always carry paracetamol in my handbag.
I have never taken medication in my life including vagina atrophy medication, and thought why isn’t it working, oh hang on it’s summer. I’ve also never heard or read anything about is your medication to hot and how you should store it with Australian media.
And I’ve only bought two medication were the chemist has told me to get it in the fridge as soon as possible. They were a probiotic and suppositories for my butt.
So I wouldn’t worry too much, but if you feel better sticking it in the fridge then do so.