Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 244

Author Topic: Where have all the good TV programmes gone?  (Read 670536 times)

Juno Esk 2

Re: Where have all the good TV programmes gone?
« Reply #45 on: March 04, 2010, 09:37:58 AM »

I recognised a couple of places in Leeds - the University and one of the parks.  OH says he thought re knew some places in Huddersfield too.

Suzi Q

« Reply #46 on: March 04, 2010, 10:13:37 AM »

One of the best things Ive ever see on TV was a BBC production called
Chrsitmas Greetings by Alan Bleasdale I think it was an Alan not Bennett
It started Barbra OHHH cant remember the last name Gepffrey Palmerston from As time goes by the old guy called Fox
It was brill all set Xmas eve till the morning after Boxing day if anyone gets the chance to see it or find it its brilliant
Have to have been done abut 1988 ues that long ago
We saw here the Final Dr Who and at the end the new one he seems a bit young I do hope hes not a 1 series Doctor
Gave up watching Casuality and Holby it got beyond a joke like Jonsey in Dads army it strayed in to the realms of fantasy
Love Blood on the Wire but I wish they make a few more comd=edy dramsa happy ones
All the series and plays we are getting here on UK TV are all dead dismall and on 13th street again Sky
 all the films uk ones are really depressing bloody good the actings brilliant but id love to see some comedy drama p[lays
I love Faye Rippley Barbra Havers from Linley love her love sarah lancashire and the girls from the hairdressing series again like cold feet which I loved it all and they all end so sad but my fave actor is John Sim OHHHHH a scouser too what more could I want hehe
Suzi Q

reddevil

« Reply #47 on: March 04, 2010, 11:56:39 AM »

I'm liking 5 days too. Watched it monday then forgot it was on tuesday so had to watch it on BBC i player just before the next episode last night, must remember tonight!! My OH is obsessed with On the Busses and Minder, he records them every night and watches  after i have gone to bed, he has seen them all over and over...... but still loves it.  I love Dinnerladies, have seen them all many times over but it still makes me laugh out loud.  Dad's Army too, still so funny after watching over and over!  Max and Paddy, when they had the "dirty pig" in the back of the camper van, it makes me cry every time it is so funny.
 :diablo: :lol:

Suzi Q

« Reply #48 on: March 04, 2010, 12:15:55 PM »

We ebayed got every single series of as time goes by
Every Goodnight sweetheart
All Dads army anyone remember The Lovers weve got the set that was hard to find
We have All the Extras All To the manor Borns All THE Xmas Only Fools about 15 of them
Little Britain all of them and USA ones too (you can tell we are ex pats)
We have the Peter Kaye series in the wheelchair both of them plus all his Shows love him and Max and Paddy
We got a load of one offs on Ebay all out of the UK papers someone collected them and sold them cost about a tenner
But the one off comedies Yes we have dinnre ladies and Vicar of Dibley every ABFAB and the specials
We had to count our DVDs for insurance and they wouldnt do it we have over a 1000 they would only insure 400
NO WE ARE not rich this is Ozz no pubs to go to No clubs anyone over 35 would find it hard to get in them Ozz is a youth oriented
The average age here is only 28 YOUTH is everything they dont seem to cater for anyone over 40 so you go out for a meal
Go to the piccuies people have parties the odd pub game of Trivia other than that you stay home people come to you you to them

Juno Esk 2

« Reply #49 on: March 05, 2010, 08:07:40 AM »

Did you see Five Days last night?  Never thought i would find myself doing that classic intake of breath and putting hand to mouth at the unexpected ending.  Cant wait for tonight.  Whatever next?

catweazle

« Reply #50 on: March 05, 2010, 08:12:14 AM »

There's lots of twists and turns isn't there?
I hope they explain it all clearly tonight for old meno brain here  ;D

Catweazle x

Juno Esk 2

« Reply #51 on: March 05, 2010, 01:52:40 PM »

and that is doesn't just fizzle out.  Don't think it will somehow.

Suzi Q

« Reply #52 on: March 05, 2010, 02:05:09 PM »

OK whats 5 nights p;ease explain
Suzi Q

reddevil

« Reply #53 on: March 05, 2010, 02:15:26 PM »

Its on BBC at 9 each night this week, very good!

Juno Esk 2

« Reply #54 on: March 05, 2010, 03:19:40 PM »

Suzi - there has been a rash of these "continuing" dramas recently, showing every night for a week, and lots of complaints from people who watch one episode, then because of commitments (we are not all tv addicts!) have to miss one or two.  And yes, I have to say this is the first one I have actually committed to watch, and of course am hooked.  Partly because it is set around Leeds where I live, and I actually know some of the areas where they have been filming, and partly because the lead man is David Morrissey (oh swoon, be still my beating heart) who is a good looker AND a darn fine actor.

It is a cop/thriller/mystery  but exceedingly well drawn characters all of whom have their own problems and seems just so real.  I'm sure you'll get it eventually, it is the type of thing the BBC loves to export to show how well they still do drama.  After 4 episodes I just can;t wait to see what the ending is like,, and how many more twists i can expect.  Roll on 9 p.m, bottle of wine and bag of cheesy wotsits to hand.

Now your going to ask what are cheesy wotsits.  Not telling   :)

Taz2

« Reply #55 on: March 05, 2010, 05:33:06 PM »

Cheesy wotsits stain your fingers  ;D ;D

jenny b

« Reply #56 on: March 05, 2010, 06:31:00 PM »

We must be a little boring because we never have a shortage of things we like to watch I watch any thing paranormal most haunted john edward and such like i like frasier friends and scrubs  Hubby likes stargate and diy rubbish and obvioulsly sport and we both like time team so always manage to find something 

Cazikins

« Reply #57 on: March 05, 2010, 10:45:08 PM »

We've just watched the entire thing again - for the THIRD time! Got them all on DVD and doesn't seem expensive considering we're bound to watch them again in a few years time!

Can I borrow them Bixby. I think we should get the entire box set. Like I said we got the 1st series on video & have watched it a few times over the years. The thing is with the Sopranos is that the 2nd/3rd time you see it there are bits that you've missed the 1st time around & slowly things fall into place a bit more - not that it was that hard to follow but I had trouble sometimes with their strong accents...oh & the swearing  ;D ;D.

Did you know that Father Phil (from Sopranos) was in Nurse Jackie?. He played her bit on the side. When I saw NJ  being advertised for the 1st time I thought, that wont work, our Carmella as a nurse  ;D. I think she took the role on well. Well done Edie Falco.

I'm finding it hard to get into the last ever series of Lost. The episodes are not really linking together.  ???. I so hope it improves.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2010, 10:46:45 PM by Cazikins »

Bette

« Reply #58 on: March 06, 2010, 09:10:50 AM »

You're welcome Caz!  ;)
Yes - realised it was Father Phil straight away. Shows what good actors they are that you believe them in the new role and forget the old one - so different from the film "stars" who just play themselves every time.
OH and I always play the "what was he/she in before?" game - luckily neither of us are irritated by that, thought I know a lot of people are. We've been known to switch on the laptop late at night to Google someone because we can't settle without knowing! OH also says "who does he/she remind you of" which means I then can't see the actor or the real person without connecting them - I don't see the likeness till he mentions it but can then never get it out of my head. ::)
We haven't got Sky so not watching Lost at the moment. However, we got a blu-ray player last year so started visiting the local Blockbuster again to rent blu-ray films. We then saw that they rent out DVD boxsets £6 for a week so caught up on the last 2 series that way. Only works if you've got a fairly free week but easier to follow if you watch 2 or 3 episodes a day/night! God, we sound sad!
Bixby x

Rosebush

« Reply #59 on: March 06, 2010, 11:09:51 AM »

I really enjoyed 5 days, although for some reason my dvd failed to record the 2nd one, but did pick up the thread, loved all the twists & turns..

Did anyone watch a film that was in 2parts on channel 188 in the week called Sole Survivor, was so engrossed, i did not move from start to finish.. :)
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 244