Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Hello & Help!  (Read 1261 times)

JulieJ

Hello & Help!
« on: July 06, 2022, 01:46:08 PM »

Hello, I'm 49 and about 4 years since my last period.  I started Evorel patches about 4 months ago.
About a month after starting I had a massive anxiety attack which hasn't really left me since  :'(
I have had anxiety on and off since my early 20's.  But haven't had anything as bad as this for well over a decade!
My rather long winded question is could this have anything to do with the patches?
Thank you for any advice 🙏

Flossieteacake

Re: Hello & Help!
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2022, 02:55:26 PM »

Hello JulieJ. Welcome to the forum. Which Evorel are you on? Evorel is oestrogen and if you have a womb you would be given Evorel Conti or Evorel Sequi.

I am sorry to hear you had an anxiety attack. I know how horrible they are. Menopause can often make anxiety worse. I know it has for me.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2022, 03:25:09 PM »

:welcomemm: 

Why did U decided to go on HRT after 4 years?  Which symptom would you like to ease first?

Some find that keeping a mood/food/symptom diary of use. 
« Last Edit: July 07, 2022, 02:56:08 PM by CLKD »

Songbird

« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2022, 03:26:17 PM »

Hi JulieJ
I'm on Evorel 50 patches. Like Flossie, my anxiety ramped up with the menopause but, for me, HRT has alleviated this horrible symptom so my experience with evorel has been positive.
We all have our own reaction/experience with HRT. It is so unique to each individual.
I'm sure other ladies will be along with advice..
Xx

JulieJ

« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2022, 03:40:23 PM »

Hi ladies, I'm on Evorel Conti.
My symptoms were pains in hands and feet, hot flashes (no sweating) and brain fog/memory problems.
It just seems a bit coincidental is all.  My previous bad spell was brought on by two life changing events.
Although I'd tested positive for covid this time I wasn't too ill with it at all.  Thank you for taking the time to reply!

CLKD

« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2022, 03:42:30 PM »

I think it is possible when pumping hormones into a body that may be depleted naturally, anxiety levels can rise.  How were your anxiety levels during your menstruation years?  I had lots of sobbing the night B4 a bleed began, even if a period wasn't due.

JulieJ

« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2022, 04:13:07 PM »

I do remember being a bit ratty lol.  I didn't suffer all the time with PMT but I would be in pain at times .
I remember about 13 years ago my adrenal levels were tested and they were pretty low.  Don't know if that has any impact on where I am now 🤔

Flossieteacake

« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2022, 04:21:23 PM »

The progesterone part of the Evorel Conti could be causing the anxiety. Maybe it is worth discussing with your GP. You could try another type.

JulieJ

« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2022, 04:25:42 PM »

That's what I'm hoping for tbh.  Then at least it's treatable
I cut my patch in half yesterday (I've since found out you're not supposed to do that with this type 😬)
Whether it's a coincidence or not I have felt a bit better today 🤷🏻‍♀️

Flossieteacake

« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2022, 04:29:32 PM »

That's what I'm hoping for tbh.  Then at least it's treatable
I cut my patch in half yesterday (I've since found out you're not supposed to do that with this type 😬)
Whether it's a coincidence or not I have felt a bit better today 🤷🏻‍♀️

It is interesting you felt a bit better on the reduced dose. It could indicate it is the progesterone part making you anxious. I hope you can get an appointment soon and get a HRT that suits you.

JulieJ

« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2022, 05:29:44 PM »

Thank you! 🙏

Flossieteacake

« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2022, 06:01:05 PM »

Thank you! 🙏

You are very welcome.  :)

Kathleen

« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2022, 02:43:12 PM »

Hello Julie and welcome to the forum.

I have used Evorel Oestrogen and Progesterone combined patches in the past and my GP told me that due to their matrix design  it was fine to cut them, which I often did without problems.

Some ladies on this site feel that Oestrogen is also contributing to their anxiety and I wonder if a lower dose of Oestrogen is also helping you?

I hope this is helpful and wishing you well.

K.

CLKD

« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2022, 02:58:00 PM »

It's Trial and Error.  Because medication is measured + fillers per delivery, cutting pills/patches in half might not give exactly half a dose  :-\ however: if it worked !

I never thought about which hormone influenced my menstruating years  :-\ but was aware that symptoms were cyclical. 

Taz2

« Reply #14 on: July 07, 2022, 06:26:25 PM »

Hello Julie. I was on Evorel and the Norethisterone (the progesterone component) gave me PMT type symptoms and an anxious on edge panicky feeling. I agree with others that a change of HRT might very well sort this out for you.

Let us know how you get on.

Taz x  :welcomemm: