Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: New here and new to HRT  (Read 717 times)

Smurph

New here and new to HRT
« on: June 18, 2022, 07:50:09 PM »

Hi everyone. New here and just finding my way around so apologies if I’m doing it wrong  ::)  It’s so good to be part of such an amazing community!

I am almost 46 and the peri menopause has hit me like a tonne of bricks - what felt like constant PMT, irregular periods, major brain fog and irritability, sore joints all over, muscle pain… the list goes on!

I started Everol 25 patches last Monday and wondered if anyone else felt spaced out and a bit hungover from them? Feeling very fuzzy and it doesn’t seem to be settling down yet. How do you know if they aren’t right for you? Would my reaction be enough to warrant a change? Also taking Utrogestan vaginally - 200mg and that has completely wiped me out (started them last night) Been sleeping most of the day today. Heeeelllpp! Is this normal until I get used to them or do you think I need something else? I’m intolerant to synthetic progesterone by the way. Caused a major bout of anxiety and dark mood when I was taking Degesterol a while back. Thanks in advance!

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: New here and new to HRT
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2022, 07:59:56 PM »

Hi! it's very early to stop and start, some regimes can take 3 months B4 the body takes up HRT .  Usually the body doesn't get where it is suddenly so won't feel 'well' for a while. 

:welcomemm:  browse round.  I hope that someone will be along to give advice. 

Or you could type the product names: separately : into the search box on the Forum. See what pops up. Make notes ;-).

Smurph

Re: New here and new to HRT
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2022, 08:09:51 PM »

Hey! Thank you replying  ;D I know, I am very impatient! It’s just such an odd feeling - like sinuses are full and head is full of cotton wool. Feel like I’m in a dream! I will have a scout about, thank you x