Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 75 out now. (Spring issue, March 2024)

media

Author Topic: First month HRT - HELP please!!!  (Read 951 times)

Tina LEM

• First Flush
First month HRT - HELP please!!!
« on: June 18, 2022, 03:13:32 PM »

Hi everyone.  This is my first post, but I have been using this forum as a source of wisdom for a few weeks.  I would be hugely grateful for some advice.
I am 49, perimenopausal and have just finished my first oestrogel and utrogestan cycle, taking two pumps of oestrogel and 200mg utrogestan from day 15-26.  The utrogestan completely wiped me out, so I swapped to taking vaginally a few days in, on the back of what I'd read on here.  I started a withdrawal bleed on day 4 after stopping the utrogestan - so far, so good.  I am now on my third day of bleeding.  I usually have heavy periods, but they are crazy heavy for one day only.  This is worse.  Sorry, TMI, but I'm getting through super plus Tampax in half an hour.  Thank goodness it's the weekend, as I can't leave the house today.  Other than a bit of a headache, I feel ok in myself - maybe a bit tired, but nothing drastic. 
What should I do? There was a part of me that felt like just stopping everything, but I know they say to keep going for 3 months.  I'm not sure about talking to my GP, as I seemed to know more about it than her, so I'm not sure how much advice she'll be able to give. I was wondering if anyone else had experienced this and whether I might be able to expect it to improve in the following months as my body gets used to the hormones?
Really grateful for any thoughts, advice or wisdom.  This is such a great forum.  Its taken me long enough to figure out how to post a message, as I don't seem to be able to do it from my phone, and had to go to my PC to work it out!!! ;D
Thank you  :)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: First month HRT - HELP please!!!
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2022, 03:29:42 PM »

Carry on.  The bleeding should ease.  Hopefully someone will be along with advice  ;)

Browse round.   :welcomemm:

Taz2

« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2022, 03:39:44 PM »

I found my first two bleeds after starting HRT were heavy and painful but by the third one things were much better and they ended up short, light and virtually painless. Takes at least three months before you know whether a particular HRT is right for you.

Taz x  :welcomemm:

Tina LEM

• First Flush
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2022, 08:01:40 PM »

Thank you very much for the replies. I’m going to keep going and give it the three months.
My husband told me today that it’s like living with a different (calmer) person and he thought I should keep going.  :)
I am just hoping that the withdrawal bleed is less heavy next time around.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2022, 08:28:53 AM »

Morning. Some find that keeping a mood/food/symptom diary of use.

Didi75

• First Flush
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2022, 08:53:03 PM »

I'm new on utrogestan stopped for a bleed it's been 5 days nothing I have all symptoms aching breasts, bloating blah blah I'm not sure to wait bit longer or start up again I normally have bleeds everyone's. And when bleed comes do we wait till its over or start back on pills on first day of bleed .I'm confused gp never explained well

ATB

« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2022, 09:39:17 PM »

For me, it took quite a few months to get used to the Utrogestan phase and for all the annoying tiredness and things to ease, I just tweaked the time I took it so I didn’t wake so tired. My period changed a lot over the first 6 months, I just decided to give the oral Utrogestan a long try and things like bloating, weird periods etc did go away