Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Hi! New here. Looks like there’s lots to learn!  (Read 1443 times)

Flaxseed

• First Flush
Hi! New here. Looks like there’s lots to learn!
« on: June 06, 2022, 08:44:27 PM »

Hi!
Went to my Drs last Wednesday who really listened and was happy to put me on HRT. She said there’s a shortage and was therefore a bit restricted. She chatted to the pharmacy within the surgery and they should have some ready for me to have picked up today. Due to work hours I can’t pick up til Wednesday so no idea what I have been prescribed  :o
I am 58 and had a hysterectomy 10 years ago. I have a feeling she said just oestrogen but do I need progesterone too? There seems to be so much to learn!
Thank you  :D

Joaniepat

Re: Hi! New here. Looks like there’s lots to learn!
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2022, 09:05:04 PM »

If you have no uterus you won't need progesterone.
JP x

Flaxseed

• First Flush
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2022, 09:09:32 PM »

Thank you

Flossieteacake

« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2022, 07:47:56 AM »

Hello Flaxseed. Welcome to the forum.  :)

ATB

« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2022, 08:44:29 AM »

Hello and welcome. There’s a bit to learn for sure but I feel better knowing and understanding this part of my body :) I also take testosterone, which you might like to read about. NHS don’t really consider it for women unless you have long standing libido issues but it does much much more for us and is just as important estrogen.

Crone

« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2022, 09:02:08 AM »

Hi!
Went to my Drs last Wednesday who really listened and was happy to put me on HRT. She said there’s a shortage and was therefore a bit restricted. She chatted to the pharmacy within the surgery and they should have some ready for me to have picked up today. Due to work hours I can’t pick up til Wednesday so no idea what I have been prescribed  :o
I am 58 and had a hysterectomy 10 years ago. I have a feeling she said just oestrogen but do I need progesterone too? There seems to be so much to learn!

Hello 👋 I'm new too!

There really is a lot to learn. Thank goodness the menopause is being taken more seriously now and we can share our ideas and thoughts freely. Good luck!

Flaxseed

• First Flush
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2022, 05:56:48 PM »

Hello Flaxseed. Welcome to the forum.  :)

Thank you!

Flaxseed

• First Flush
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2022, 05:58:18 PM »

Hello and welcome. There’s a bit to learn for sure but I feel better knowing and understanding this part of my body :) I also take testosterone, which you might like to read about. NHS don’t really consider it for women unless you have long standing libido issues but it does much much more for us and is just as important estrogen.

Dr wants to see me in 6 weeks so I will mention testosterone as I had a little read up about it last night
Thank you

sheila99

« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2022, 06:00:09 PM »

:welcomemm:
Most of the problems are caused by progesterone which you don't need  8)

Flaxseed

• First Flush
« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2022, 06:02:49 PM »

Hi!

Hello 👋 I'm new too!

There really is a lot to learn. Thank goodness the menopause is being taken more seriously now and we can share our ideas and thoughts freely. Good luck!

Hi Crone
I am hoping I can actually absorb the information! Brain fog was one of the main reasons I went to the Dr! Aching joints, even night sweats I could have probably muddled through with but the brain fog is not good whilst still working!
Here’s to feeling 21 again  ;D

Flaxseed

• First Flush
« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2022, 06:05:25 PM »

:welcomemm:
Most of the problems are caused by progesterone which you don't need  8)

That’s a bonus!
Managed to pick my tablets up tonight. I have been prescribed Zumenon which is 1mg estradiol. I’m guessing there’s lots of trade names for the same active ingredient.
Is 1mg enough for most women?

Crone

« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2022, 06:18:57 PM »

21 hey?  ;)

Brain fog and I are old friends. Thingy, whatsit, it's a...you know...oh gosh...the thingy...hang on...oh bother.

When that word is just out of reach...😃

I hope you feel better soon and good luck! From what I have read it takes a while to get going. Still, you can't expect a rusty bucket to gleam after only a short soak...

ange63

« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2022, 12:11:09 PM »

Hello flaxseed ,  similar to me by sound of it.    Could cope with physical things better if I felt clear headed,  not so heavy headed and brain fog was gone.  It really does slow me down and leads to worry and then anxiety.    I'm 59 and symptoms hit me 6 months ago after a difficult but manageable 5 years post meno.    Not on HRT yet apart from Vagifem but I DO absorb that generally and not just locally so cautious with any HRT.    Good luck.   (Crone: rusty bucket??? not herd that one before ).

Flaxseed

• First Flush
« Reply #13 on: June 08, 2022, 05:00:10 PM »

Hello flaxseed ,  similar to me by sound of it.    Could cope with physical things better if I felt clear headed,  not so heavy headed and brain fog was gone.  It really does slow me down and leads to worry and then anxiety.    I'm 59 and symptoms hit me 6 months ago after a difficult but manageable 5 years post meno.    Not on HRT yet apart from Vagifem but I DO absorb that generally and not just locally so cautious with any HRT.    Good luck.   (Crone: rusty bucket??? not herd that one before ).

Hi Ange
I had a hysterectomy 10 years ago so it’s not been easy to gauge when I became menopausal.
The brain fog is off the scale and my most debilitating symptom. What with that, and sudden weight gain recently made me reflect on exactly how I do feel and I suddenly realised that I don’t need to ache, live in a fog and sweat all night.
I have had Estriol cream for vaginal use for a few years now. It helps with dryness but hasn’t eradicated frequent urine infections unfortunately. The Dr said that as it’s absorbed locally and only the smallest amount enters the bloodstream, I am
Ok to keep using it.
Do you think you will consider HRT?
I have been on some Facebook forums and have decided I will ask my Dr to prescribe patches or gel rather than tablets.

Crone, I love your rusty bucket anology!

ange63

« Reply #14 on: June 09, 2022, 07:28:22 AM »

Hi Flaxseed, definitely not tablets esp with your history.   My history is that I react /strong adverse reactions to lots of meds and herbals.  I have tried Everol 50 half patch but by day 3 anxiety rocketed (did think that couple of things had slightly eased dry eyes and VA dryness).   I definitely DO absorb Vagifem .  Worry about progesterone element of HRT - knowing my luck I'd be really intolerant.  But you don't need to take this.  So, still thinking about it all.    Also other HRT users don't necessarily get relief from what are my main symptoms e.g. brain fog, anxiety and acid reflux/digestive problems.   I am struggling with so much meno stuff that I am worried about trying to 'stick with it' if initially it makes me feel worse.    Its a nightmare isn't it....     Hope you find something that works for you.