Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: So down  (Read 2632 times)

sheila99

Re: So down
« Reply #15 on: June 05, 2022, 12:06:23 PM »

But you can enjoy watching her suffer and then her she's just making excuses 😁

ATB

« Reply #16 on: June 05, 2022, 12:08:05 PM »

I know you’re tired and not wanting to rock the boat on a new job, but this might be worth reading and keeping in mind. It’s discrimination to fire someone or treat them differently because they experience menopause:
https://menopauseintheworkplace.co.uk/employment-law/menopause-and-employment-law/

RobinRose

« Reply #17 on: June 05, 2022, 12:09:03 PM »

I’m too nice. Last week when she had her migraine I ended up taking on bits of her role to help out and it’s now expected I’ll take on more. This should have been my dream role but it’s become a nightmare and I honestly feel like I am losing my mind.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #18 on: June 05, 2022, 12:10:31 PM »

I've worked with such people from 1976-1980s.  In the NHS.   >:(. When I dream about her, I always win the battle  ;D. She ruined many opportunities for better working conditions. I was fortunate in that my Boss as well as the other secretaries, were aware of her being a bully.  (long story short).  Now I would tackle the situation in a totally different way. 

Is this woman in your section of the Company or does she liaise with the NHS?  MayB ask the NHS itself for support?  Liaise your HR with theirs?

Or take the bull by the horns: write a letter - " I am going through menopause symptoms so will require support as well as days off.  Menopause issues should have been discussed at the Interview, therefore I expect to be able to continue with my job to the best of my abilities whilst undergoing The Change". There is nothing in my Contract of Employment stating that time cannot be taken due to menopause symptoms'. 

And copy to as many in managerial positions as possible ;-).  What's to lose .........  let us know how you get on.   :foryou:

"I've helped once, but that's it.  Migraines can be part of peri-menopause (lay it on thickly) so hopefully you will be able to manage your work load in future". 

CLKD

« Reply #19 on: June 05, 2022, 12:11:24 PM »

R U too nice due to worrying about losing a job that could be enjoyable, or simply meek ? 

sheila99

« Reply #20 on: June 05, 2022, 12:15:09 PM »

It's a probationary period so perhaps not to rock the boat until you're permanent. It sounds as though you could do a lot of good implementing a meno policy from within if can stay. Your boss may soon be on board once she realises how bad it can be

RobinRose

« Reply #21 on: June 05, 2022, 12:25:29 PM »

In all honesty I am scared of my boss. She has made it clear she gets rid of people who don’t follow her. She even said in week one that she’d sacked the person before me because they went behind her back to her boss. One hell of a warning shot to someone in week 1. I am worried about losing my job yes, bills are not getting smaller after all. It’s just getting too much pretending it’s all fine. I did speak to someone else in the department about a different role. She wasn’t happy when she heard about that. Now I feel she is looking for any excuse to push me out. Work hours mean what little life I had has disappeared as I am too tired to do anything. I am trying to put up and shut up and try to get a year out of this job then move on.  Never ever been so down

ATB

« Reply #22 on: June 05, 2022, 12:34:50 PM »

People aren’t legally allowed to behave like this woman. How long till probation is over? Because then I would tell her clearly bullying and discrimination of women during menopause is illegal and could cost the company. You can surely make confidential complaints about her? If in HR, how would you advise someone else in your position coming to you?

ATB

« Reply #23 on: June 05, 2022, 12:39:22 PM »

In the meantime try this for a giggle and imagine doing this to your boss!!

https://youtu.be/LDETaE1nR1w

RobinRose

« Reply #24 on: June 05, 2022, 12:44:33 PM »

I’d advise them to consider a grievance, whilst sadly knowing it would be a pointless exercise

QueenofReds3

« Reply #25 on: June 05, 2022, 02:05:25 PM »

I am sorry you are having to put up with no support at work. I work for the NHS and yes they do have a policy but my boss sounds like yours no support at all. On the subject of anti depressants, yes they do give them for anxiety depending which one you are on. They are not just given for depression. I was given them in peri menopause and they were a life saver for me but they were not a instant fix, it took 6 weeks before I felt normal, well as normal as I can be. Lol.

ATB. That gave me a laugh that link you sent. That was me about 20 years ago to my area manager, not exaggerating, she was a b…h! And one day she humiliated me in front of other staff so I lost it and told her to shove the job up her ***, though I still had a job after I calmed down. Lol. X

RobinRose

« Reply #26 on: June 05, 2022, 02:14:06 PM »

Thanks queenofreds. I am on fluoxetine. Was hoping it would be a few weeks to get used to it. Six seems a long time but at least can see an end to it now.

QueenofReds3

« Reply #27 on: June 05, 2022, 02:37:25 PM »

Keep going but if that is not helping there are other types. I was on citalapram, it was the only one I could tolerate. Sending big hugs, it’s horrible all this hormone upheaval on top of in compassionate bosses. X

ATB

« Reply #28 on: June 05, 2022, 03:02:40 PM »

Glad it gave you a giggle, Queen!

CLKD

« Reply #29 on: June 07, 2022, 08:12:50 AM »

Morning :-)
Pages: 1 [2] 3