Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Hi  (Read 683 times)

SLJF70

• First Flush
Hi
« on: April 07, 2022, 11:28:22 AM »

Hi everyone,
  I'm 51 and been on HRT (Oestrogel & progestron) since June 21 and prior to that I'd used over the counter medication to manage the symptoms I was having (moods, night sweats, brain fog). I have irregular periods and usually spotting for 3-10 days prior. In the last 43 days I've had 3 periods/spotted for 35 days. I also get intermittent stabbing headaches behind my left ear just before and after a period which I put down to shifting hormones. Recently I've noticed that I've got very little motivation to do things that I enjoy like running and working out as well as fluctuations in mood and temper.

I initially started on 2 pumps of Oestrogel and for a few months this seemed to work and then things began to return to how they'd been prior to starting. The nurse at the GPs told me to up it to 3 pumps about 3 months ago and I had the same pattern. I've recently increased to 4 pumps but not seeing any real improvements  :(.

I've been using the Balance app to monitor my symptoms and periods for about 12 months and found it helped when I spoke to the GP about HRT initially but previous telephone reviews with the nurse have been frustrating as it feels like she just wants to tick a few boxes and issue the presciption  >:(. It's getting me down and I feel I'm constantly trying to put a brave face on things when sometime I just want to curl up and hide away from it all.

jillydoll

• Hiya
Re: Hi
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2022, 05:58:00 PM »

Hi SLJF70
 :welcomemm:
Glad you’ve found us. Sorry to hear your going through a hard time at the moment.
Sometimes you have to wait a while to see if the hrt works.
Takes a few months unfortunately.
Keep going, your not alone.

Someone might come and post who can give you more advice.
Take care.
xx

SLJF70

• First Flush
Re: Hi
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2022, 06:40:21 AM »

Hi SLJF70
 :welcomemm:
Glad you’ve found us. Sorry to hear your going through a hard time at the moment.
Sometimes you have to wait a while to see if the hrt works.
Takes a few months unfortunately.
Keep going, your not alone.

Someone might come and post who can give you more advice.
Take care.
xx

Thank you xx