Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: How have people been on Utrogestan?  (Read 3904 times)

CherryC

Re: How have people been on Utrogestan?
« Reply #15 on: August 01, 2022, 08:09:10 PM »

Hi Stella2, that's good to hear - could I ask what type of Oestrogen you are using and how much? Sounds like it might be nicely balanced for you?
I was on Utrogestan for quite a long time (vaginally) but was feeling irritable/mood swings latterly so switched to Provera to see if any better but same thing is happening, plus tiredness. Wondering if I'm not balanced enough - currently taking 3 pumps of Oestrogel.  Thanks x

Stella2

« Reply #16 on: August 02, 2022, 09:09:21 AM »

Hi CherryC,
I am on Estradot 75 + Utrogestan orally (continuous HRT). I cut a bit of the patch off so i think i am actually taking around 65. I have been on HRT for 7 months, started with 1mg Sandrena but had some night sweats so I was prescribed the patch 2 months ago. I think it is working quite well, although my breasts get tender sometimes, I thought this might be due to oestrogen so I decided to cut the patch and not to take the full amount. I think Estrodot 75 is equivalent to 3 pumps of oestrogel and 1,5 mg Sandrena.
I also feel tired at times and sometimes I feel a bit irritable and depressed but that might be because of stress, life etc...I used to get like that a lot before when I still had my periods. Generally I feel less tired than before the HRT. I don't know if HRT can help with everything... x

Stella2

« Reply #17 on: August 02, 2022, 09:21:35 AM »

Sorry CherryC, just thought to add that it seems that it takes time until things settle down after you change the prescription so it might be that these feelings and tiredness will settle down in few weeks. It is awful to feel this way but this might be just your body adjusting. It would be good to stay in touch with your menopause clinic. Xx

CherryC

« Reply #18 on: August 02, 2022, 04:25:58 PM »

Thank you Stella2, that is very helpful information.   I too had been on Estradot patch 75mg but have recently switched to the gel (3 pumps currently) in case it was the Estradot causing my feelings, although more likely the Utrogestan.   Nothing is perfect it seems, but I will continue on the Provera/Gel routine for a while and see if it settles down as you suggest.
One plus is I am sleeping very well!.  Thanks again...x
Pages: 1 [2]