Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: What to do  (Read 5436 times)

J butler

What to do
« on: September 03, 2023, 06:16:08 PM »

I'm 59 not in best of health  with arthritis  i take amertripterline  and different  painkillers ,been post menoupause  for 6 years had a few hot flushes  but its the anxiety  ,never had anxiety  before then panic attacks  i was on citalopram  my dr who is great said try sertaline has she knows I'm not keen on hrt ive come this far ill struggle  on but I'm so fed up of this anxiety  not me at all my dr did mention  femoston 0.5 2.5mg the very low dose just wondering  if any of you ladies have tried it and did it help with anxiety hoping you ladies will be able to help

Tinkerbell

Re: What to do
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2023, 06:49:15 PM »

My teen daughter was prescribed Sertraline 2 years ago because of awful anxiety, very distressing to witness a child in such a state. It has been life changing for her and 3 months ago she decreased dose from 100 mg to 50 mg and hopes to trial off of it next summer.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2023, 07:10:23 PM »

Whereas now that I've found an AD that works I wouldn't consider stopping.  Why would anyone?  One wouldn't stop diabetic or heart meds.

J butler - who oversees your arthritis treatment?  Does the amitriptilene help at all?  What else has been suggested?  Some forms of physio can ease symptoms and can be done at home.

Why not take HRT ?  replacement ? for those hormones that have waxed and waned as we age.  If after 6-8 months symptoms aren't eased, 1 can stop.  The old reports of HRT causing cancers has been discredited.

Let us know how you get on.

Tinkerbell

« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2023, 07:26:43 PM »

My daughter started Sertraline to help with a particular bad time in her life. She is happy to go back on it if she starts to get bad again. I am nervous of her coming off of it but will support her with her choice.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2023, 07:59:48 PM »

Is she aware that some ADs don't have the same effect if 1 stops, has a gap and restarts? 

Tinkerbell

« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2023, 08:40:19 PM »

We have an excellant GP who I totally trust as he has known her since she was born. I saw him for ante-natal care too. He did say he would discuss a plan with her when she wants to come off them but I will mention what you said to her.

sheila99

« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2023, 08:48:30 PM »

My anxiety was completely cured by hrt. If yours arrived with peri/meno there's a good chance yours will be too. Of course there are other causes too so if it's a long standing issue it may not be oestrogen related.

J butler

« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2023, 01:05:44 PM »

I think it is to do with menoupause  ,have any of you ladies tried the low dose  of femoston conti  0.5mg and if so did it help I know you take it continuously amertripterline  is good for nerve pain from my spine to my head I was a nurse till 7 years ago but can no longer work just seems so much going on and you do think will it ever end thank goodness  for my husband  who is my rock