Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Tingling, numness & Pins & Needles  (Read 4105 times)

Primrose

Tingling, numness & Pins & Needles
« on: January 27, 2022, 02:09:33 PM »

Hi Everyone, I posted a few weeks ago..itchy, itchy, itchy! Thank you so much for the replies, I followed advice & this has almost resolved.

Replaced with....

Pins & Needles, numbness, a feeling I am struggling to describe...like being tickled on the inside, inside my hand, arm, bum cheek, leg.

Pins & Needles mainly in one hand and foot but sometimes in the other.

I saw GP on Monday, a 30 min appointment - much appreciated. Very understanding and would like me to change from Evorel Sequi to an oestrogen cream and progesterone tablets.

He did a great deal of neurological checks - all those were fine, recent bloods have been fine and then we discussed menopause.

He explained the effect a dip in oestrogen has on nerve receptors and how this can lead to strange neurological symptoms. He patiently explained all of the on and off dizziness, vertigo type symptoms,  he said he is thankful he will not experience this!

I thought I would write to hopefully reassure others, I mentioned the forum to him and he thought it seemed like a brilliant support. I said it has been a life line.

But also to say...please could you help me to stay sane...wave after wave of symptoms, feelings, upsets, itching, dryness, confidence loss going on and on...pain, tendinitis in every sodding tendon in my body, burning mouth, ringing in ears, some days I just think I cannot do this.

The gel is oestrogel 2 pumps and utrigestan 100 to swallow - he says now I am 53 I no longer need HRT which makes me bleed each month and to take 1 tablet and two pumps daily...does this make sense? He said a further drop in oestrogen is responsible for current changes.

So sorry to write loads. I am exhausted, so so tired of it all. I am pleased I saw GP and he has helped but I so badly want to have some time feeling normal again  :'(

Thank you x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Tingling, numness & Pins & Needles
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2022, 03:09:22 PM »

HORMONES  >:(

As oestrogen levels drop the body may become dry: inside and out as well as muscles may become lax = aches and pains.  Have you tried an over the counter pain relief when necessary?

Sometimes carpal tunnel syndrome can be caused by hormonal upheaval, well known in pregnancy.  Did the GP do the wrist test to find out, typically if someone hangs the usually arms out of bed, the feelings ease.  It does depend on which nerve root is affected, either behind the elbow or at the wrist ...... some find that wearing appropriate splints in the night help.

It's The Change - does what it says on the tin  ::).  Managing symptoms can become a habit  ;) including exercise, pain relief etc..

Tomboy

• First Flush
Re: Tingling, numness & Pins & Needles
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2022, 05:45:39 AM »

Pin, needles, tingling and just general nervy weirdness is my main menopause symptom. Hands, feet, up my legs and even my lips are affected.

It’s driving me potty, causing me to wake, making it uncomfortable to sit in the evenings and just generally makes relaxing difficult.

I know if I get my HRT right (which I did for a short time 18 months ago) it will go but I just don’t seem to be able to do that currently despite changing from estrogel to sandrena and now over to estadot.

Primrose I absolutely feel your pain and hopefully we’ll both find that balance of HRT that works.