Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Thyroid problems that mimic menopause inc Night sweats hell!  (Read 994 times)

Carolynek

• First Flush
Thyroid problems that mimic menopause inc Night sweats hell!
« on: January 20, 2022, 02:55:37 PM »

I posted on here just before Christmas as I was getting more & more frustrated with my GP not listening to the problems I was having with HRT. It turns out I have Hyperthyroidism! All of the symptoms very similar to peri/meno.  So I of course want to come of the HRT.
GP said just stop 🤔 anyone else just stopped?
The night sweats are horrendous.  Literally every night drenched for over 2 months now, could be meno or Thyroid? I’m desperate to sleep in a dry bed for just one night 😩
I read that so many women go under diagnosed with Thyroid problems especially Hyperthyroidism.  Many times mistakenly thinking they are peri:meno.

Taz2

Re: Thyroid problems that mimic menopause inc Night sweats hell!
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2022, 06:00:22 PM »

Hi Carolyn. It seems from your previous post that when you first started HRT your symptoms went which may very well mean you are perimenopausal as well as having hyperthyroidism. It may be better to stay on the HRT while the thyroid medication brings the condition under control.

I have tried stopping cold turkey and also tapering off. Both ways saw a full return of symptoms within three months.

Taz   :hug: