Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: New job and anxiety  (Read 1230 times)

Nik2502

New job and anxiety
« on: January 16, 2022, 10:08:26 AM »

Hi ladies

I’m just looking for some support and advice.
I’ve been self employed for three years after leaving work due to severe menopause symptoms.  These have mostly been addressed by HRT.
I’m starting a new job this week as an employee and I’m terrified. My anxiety is horrific. Yet I know it’s what I want to do and I’ll be great at it. It’s only 15 hours.
After every Covid jab it’s messed with my HRT and taken me weeks to get back to normal.
How do you cope with the anxiety? Any tips would be much appreciated before my head explodes!
Thank you
Nik x

Stillsearching

Re: New job and anxiety
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2022, 10:44:29 AM »

Most of your post relates to 2021 and before so take all of that out of your head. From your self employment days you will have skills of self motivation and time management plus others that your new employer obviously recognises and wants you for the job. Your HRT is sorted so problems after the COVID jabs are not relevant to you now. What a fabulous way to start 2022. A new purpose, new friends and more money to spend. Good luck.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2022, 11:49:04 AM »

Oh I can well understand how you feel  :'(.  Even the thought of an interview leaves me cold and I'm retired  >:( and booking a holiday gives me the same anxiety levels.  Spontaneous and I'm OK.  Having to wait and I'm well screwed up.

No advice other than don't think about the jabs., that's over. Body has dealt with that.   :bighug:

marge

« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2022, 06:38:34 PM »

I could no more go through an interview than walk on water these days, but you’ve done it. No advice, but well done and good luck. Hope you really enjoy it!

Nik2502

« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2022, 07:35:31 PM »

Thank you 😊 had induction today and although I was anxious, I did it!

CLKD

« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2022, 07:47:24 PM »

PHEW!  It's the waiting that gets to me.

Hopefully you will be fine once this week is over.   :medal:  .......... Did U sleep?

Nik2502

« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2022, 07:45:28 PM »

Thank you. I did it! First day went well. Am shattered as I didn’t sleep much but it was normal nerves not horrible anxiety x

CLKD

« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2022, 07:46:40 PM »

Well done!  It takes courage to face new jobs when 1 doesn't know how bad anxiety might become  :-\.  Next week you will begin to enjoy it!

:foryou: